By ILuvYouSoldiers - 26/06/2009 07:57 - United States

Today, at the airport, my mom began talking about how useless the war in Iraq was, and how dumb the soldiers that serve there were for enlisting during the war. The soldier at the vending machine near us caught my eye. I mouthed, "Sorry" and he mouthed, slowly, "You fuckin' better be." FML
I agree, your life sucks 94 469
You deserved it 21 447

Same thing different taste

Top comments

We should ship your mother over to Iraq. God bless our soldiers.

alwaysalady 0

That's awful. I give soldiers hugs and tell them thank you. Your mom needs to learn a little respect.

Comments

My husband just got out of the Army. He enlisted right before the war started, so he had no way of knowing this would have happened. He was deployed to Iraq 3 times during his time in the Army. He had an obligation to fulfill and he did it proudly. It's not like it was his choice to go over there, however there are some that enlist just to serve their country. I have a shirt that says "If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them" and I still wear it and believe it. It's one thing to not support the war (I know I don't), but it's totally different to support the troops and the families they have waiting at home for them to return safely.

lmmmr 0

The people and families that they are shooting at feel the same thing. Do you have a cute little fashion statement supporting them?

It's not a "cute little fashion statement", it's my opinion. Like I said, I don't agree with the war, but I do support those men & women over there, and I certainly don't agree with those who can't support our armed forces.

haha awesome reply!! Most people here forget that most of OUR troops are ignorant, backward and bigoted individuals. Do you know how much racism, sexism, homophobia and bigotry there is in the army? A large percentage of the troops are not fighting for people like me - they're only fighting for white protestant men. Death only matters to them when it's one of them that dies - not when they're raping or murdering innocent brown men, women and children.

You say "He enlisted right before the war started, so he had no way of knowing this would have happened." Perhaps he didn't know it would happen but he certainly knew it *could* happen. By joining the military you are agreeing to go to war if war happens while you are enlisted. It was his choice.

Your mom is a ******* ungrateful ignorant ****. I'd love to sock that bitch in the face. And thank you for your service #84.

That soldier was still an asshole for acting like that towards you when you weren't the one saying that idiotic stuff.

janaaa 0

I don't support the war either. but that doesn't mean I'm not glad that there are soilders protecting our country. I don't think the soilder should have acted that way towards you. he should have been mad at your mom. ha.

junkinmahcranium 0

I just made a speech about assholes like your mom.

??? While what your mom is saying IS stupid since the soldiers didn't all choose to be in the war, and it sucks for them to be there to begin with........ the soldier's reaction to your show of kindness towards him rather makes a point towards your mom being right. XD *lol* I'd hope he was just an exception and an idiot, although there's the old saying about military intelligence... XD

The mother in the FML said the were dumb for enlisting during the war, so the people she is talking about DID want to be there.

OK so just an eye opener for those of you who are nay sayers for the war we are in... the numbers of dead soldiers on both sides is comparitivly low compared to wars that we have had in the past... and for every bad story you hear there are tales of hope like girls going to school the beginnings of a democratic government so i agree that this war has not been the best but why else is it soooo evil?

meadowlark 0

Someone can support the troops without supporting the war. However, the airport or any other public place is probably not where one should rant about politics. Just saying.

fyourlife33 0

**** your mom's life she's an idiot and a waste of life

It's actually not "near ours"; the OP got the grammar correctly, although it sounds awkward. She referred to the soldier as "the soldier at the vending machine near us", and then she referred to his eyes, so she added "'s" to the last part (with it referring to the whole phrase about the soldier) . It's the same as saying "the soldier's eyes met mine" only she elaborated on the soldier's place.