By SadFoxLady - 10/06/2013 18:01 - United States - Des Moines

Today, after years of researching and saving money, I got a pet fox. I was able to enjoy the majesty of the animal for three hours before it burrowed under the fence and ran away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 777
You deserved it 55 654

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mpj13 8

Listen Doc, there is such a thing as "domesticated foxes" just like cats and dogs had to be domesticated through breeding, training, and human interaction. If you do your research like OP did you would know that domesticated foxes make better pets than most cats & dogs because they have the best traits of both. If anything I blame OP for not installing a deep rooted fence because foxes at notorious diggers.

Comments

leave out food maybe he'll come back?

olpally 32

Obviously, you didn't do enough research about foxes and you wasted a lot of money for three hours of joy. Just dumb. Can't believe after all the time you spent, this happens! Can't believe you weren't better prepared. YDI.

TheDrifter 23

We all know that thousands of foxes are bred in captivity in Russia, but what the supporters can't seem to grasp is that just because they're bred in cages doesn't mean they're domesticated. Their temperament is exactly that of a wild born fox raised in a zoo or other captive situation, they're somewhat cuddly, appreciate hand outs and they dig to hide and escape. I wonder if any of these fans of pet foxes know, from what they say was extensive study, how the pet fox came to be? Hundreds of thousands of foxes were in Russia for making coats. When the market dried up, the breeders began settling them as pets. Know what happens to the ones that don't get adopted as pets? They still become coats. That's not domestication, that's factory farming making money on the side.

false, while that may be true for some animals, foxes have been bred in captivity longer than youd think, and are accustomed to humans. they have no survival instinct at all, and they make just as good pets as dogs

Looks like this is an indoor fox...or put a chip on the next one...

There are such things as domesticated foxes. Their tails have a curve like many dogs do. Not the one that curls around the dog's rear but it isn't straight like a wild fox or a wolf. Researchers noticed traits that appeared in later generations of "domesticated" foxes are similar to that of domestic dogs. If I remember correctly, they are smaller than an average fox. It's been awhile since I read up on the program. There are multiple programs throughout the world in Russia and Siberia. Siberia I believe started the fox domestication. Siberia may be near or in Russia.. I'm not too sure on my geography or the history of the program.

royalsgrl 14

Who the heck buys a fox?????

I have a velociraptor for a pet. Really.

Then, after the snake had bitten me, he said, "You knew I was a snake when you picked me up."

I guess Star Fox needed to go complete a mission

I suggest you do something a about it!!!!!!

I hope OP does. The poor fox might be killed if it's legal to shoot foxes in his/her area. :(