By SadFoxLady - 10/06/2013 18:01 - United States - Des Moines

Today, after years of researching and saving money, I got a pet fox. I was able to enjoy the majesty of the animal for three hours before it burrowed under the fence and ran away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 777
You deserved it 55 654

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mpj13 8

Listen Doc, there is such a thing as "domesticated foxes" just like cats and dogs had to be domesticated through breeding, training, and human interaction. If you do your research like OP did you would know that domesticated foxes make better pets than most cats & dogs because they have the best traits of both. If anything I blame OP for not installing a deep rooted fence because foxes at notorious diggers.

Comments

Foxes are wild animals, not pets! Silly OP

a wild fox is a wild animal. but if not they make great pets

Well unless the fox was fantastic... Then he might lose his tail in the getaway.

meherm 11

Maybe you should have done more research and got your house fox proof before bringing it home.

You totally deserve this OP. If you had done any research at all you would know that foxes dig. You also deserve it for thinking you can keep a wild animal as a pet. Foxes are not pets. The argument that people are using about dogs/cats/rabbits, is moot really. They had been bred to be domesticated through thousands upon thousands of years. The experiment (and that's what it is, an experiment) in Russia has only been around for 54 years. Maybe you should wait another 50 or so years before even considering it. Oh also: ''...most of the project expenses are covered by selling the foxes as pets...'' So no, they're not domesticated, just experiment rejects.

do more research. they are great pets, and there are places that are breeding them to be pets.

Damn Naruto, probably went to look for Sasuke XD I had to say it.

The nine tailed fox went on a search mission. Naruto = Kyubi, Kyubi = 9 tailed fox

probably the fact that there are foxes you can keep as pets...

I dated a fox, but she ran off too, with all my money. I'm still trying to get out of that hole she dug.

laurapiggy 3
senkintyhma 3

What on earth made you think you should ever have a wild animal as a pet??! You "researched"? YDI, the fox didn't.

there is such thing as domesticated foxes... notice how OP said PET fox, not wild fox