By stinky skunk - 05/09/2011 04:04 - Canada

Today, my dog ran away. It was dark, so I couldn't see very well, but I ran after him anyway. Thinking I had caught up to him, I grabbed him. It wasn't my dog. It was a skunk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 691
You deserved it 6 192

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

EnEl_Infierno 15

2 words Op, tomato sauce! Now that's what I call smelly situation.

GlitteryMasakali 1

Atleast it didnt spray it's smelly fluids on you, or did it? ;)

muchagente 5

i wouldn't think the dog would know op now...

Ferretface 13

This reminds me of the commercial where the woman brings a raccoon into the house, thinking it's her pet.

actually ur better off going to the vet and getting some stuff. it works a million tines better. just ask my brother

MerrikBarbarian 9

tomato sauce doesn't work! this recipe does! I've used it on many skunked dogs- 1 quart peroxide 1 cup baking soda 2 squirts dawn dish soap use immediately after mixing. the peroxide and baking soda bubble the oils to the surface and the soaps breaks them up. once you have lathered and soaked with that for 5 minutes, rinse off then repeat with just dish soap. you will go from over powering skunk to only able to smell it if you pretty much ran your nose in the dogs fur (or your arm op!)

let's play a little game I like to call...guess what happens next.

Deodorant is too mainstream. At least now your indie :D

EnEl_Infierno 15

Captain Obvious Strikes Again!

Eggers 2

30- deodorant is for musty pubes, not skunk victims

juicedboi 7

Rub scented tampons all over yourself. They cost a Lil more than deodorant but it's worth it.

reallytho3 11

Thts a pretty random animal to find...

No, a chinchilla would be a random animal to find.

Prankster7o7 5

It's hard to lose a pet, he can't just "leave it alone".

14- Pretty sure he did after this series of unfortunate events.

Eggers 2

16 house pets live longer than feral animals. do you have a problem with increasing the lifespan of animals?

SimpleMinds_fml 7

Freeze, are you retarded or have you just never owned a pet? It doesn't matter if you have a cat, dog, rabbit, what ever the **** you have - it's easy for it to wander off and get lost. Most of the time pets run off out of stupidity, they aren't trying to escape. It's like letting a 3 year old loose. Well, you shouldn't hold him captive - of course he is going to wander off.

I own two German Shepherds and their gate is wide open everyday.

borkchop1992 15

at least you didnt grab a coyote

marpay 11

At least you didn't grab (insert completely irrelevant animal name here). That would of been bad.

Eggers 2

at least you didn't grab a jogger

cIickhere 5

Im sorry, you should forget about it now, your skunky smell will make the dog run faster

FYLDeep 25

Hopefully the OP is just starting school for the fall. That could lead to some great first impressions.

lindseyluvszac 4