By SadFoxLady - 10/06/2013 18:01 - United States - Des Moines

Today, after years of researching and saving money, I got a pet fox. I was able to enjoy the majesty of the animal for three hours before it burrowed under the fence and ran away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 777
You deserved it 55 654

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mpj13 8

Listen Doc, there is such a thing as "domesticated foxes" just like cats and dogs had to be domesticated through breeding, training, and human interaction. If you do your research like OP did you would know that domesticated foxes make better pets than most cats & dogs because they have the best traits of both. If anything I blame OP for not installing a deep rooted fence because foxes at notorious diggers.

Comments

i guess you didn't do your research on how they can burrow under fences!

Seems like the people commenting here haven't heard that there actually are domesticated foxes now...

Years of research, huh? And still you didn't expect it to burrow under a fence?

Never try to fence in (or fence out) nature.

ok, but OP probably bought a domesticated fox

WumbologyMajor 3

I understand how it would be cool and fascinating to have a fox is a pet but really, they're wild animals and not pets. They deserve to be in the wild and do not belong in the household. Many people don't realize that and keep tigers and monkeys in their households then one day it snaps because it does not belong there and seriously hurts someone. Although foxes are not nearly as dangerous as those others they're still wild animals and not pets.

unless OP bought a domesticated fox, which is most likely

There is no such thing as a domesticated fox. Their instincts still keep inside them. Just because someone owns foxes and raises them does not mean they are domesticated.

yes, but there are domestic foxes that have been bred multiple times, have no survival instinct, and make great pets

TheyCallMeDamien 17

You obviously didn't spend enough time researching foxes. They are wild animals, and just because you get one as a pup doesn't mean it wont have it's wild instincts. YDI

geez, read the other comments before posting another. there is such thing as domesticated foxes, and thats most likely what OP bought

Yeah, they've been being bred for years and have great dispositions. I've dealt with a domesticated fox before an it was very sweet and cuddly.

A fox is a wild animal not a pet. I feel sorry for the poor animal. Unless you live in the country it will be dead within the day.

OP probably got a domestic fox. only a total idiot would get a fox from the wild