By SadFoxLady - 10/06/2013 18:01 - United States - Des Moines

Today, after years of researching and saving money, I got a pet fox. I was able to enjoy the majesty of the animal for three hours before it burrowed under the fence and ran away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 777
You deserved it 55 654

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mpj13 8

Listen Doc, there is such a thing as "domesticated foxes" just like cats and dogs had to be domesticated through breeding, training, and human interaction. If you do your research like OP did you would know that domesticated foxes make better pets than most cats & dogs because they have the best traits of both. If anything I blame OP for not installing a deep rooted fence because foxes at notorious diggers.

Comments

why the **** would you want a fox as a pet lol

Because it's like an adorable mix between a cat and a dog.

Why would you want a dog, a cat, a fish, or any other animal as pet? Just because not everyone has foxes don't mean you can't buy want if you want to. OP likes exotic animals PERIOD!

Well, that sucks. But honestly, it's probably for the best. Some animals just aren't meant to be pets. This coming from an animal lover/animal rights activist. My favorite animal is the wolf but there's no way it could be a pet. It's also illegal in many places for you to own a wild animal. I hope it was legal after obtaining the fox, but like I said, it's probably for the best that the fox ran away, into the wild where it belongs.

What if it was bred in captivity? The fox has no knowledge of how to survive. Instincts or not, if bred into captivity it's mother never taught it how to survive in the wild.

aw I'm so sorry to hear that OP! put up some flyers maybe? maybe your fox will come back after a few days? I know absolutely nothing about pet foxes so maybe I shouldn't be saying anything... hope it all works out and your little foxy is safe and sound :)

You are an idiot. GET A DOG! or a freakin cat. Foxes arent ment to be domestic pets. If you really loved the animal you wouldnt have tried to force it to live with you.

foxes can be domestic pets if bred in captivity. in fact they are just as good, if not better, that dogs

Years of research didn't include their excellent digging ability? That sucks though

trapdoor_lolita 2

So "after years of researching" you didn't figure out that he could potentially dig under the fence and that you needed to build a cage with wire under the posts? YDI

You can get super domesticated pet foxes , they have this huge experiment in Russia

379_fml 11

Why was docbastard thumbed down so bad? Clear flat out how it should be said no pussy footin to be politically correct. That's how it should be. It's not let's console each others lives. It's F your life

nurchok 15

Is it even legal to have a pet fox?

In some states, yes. I'm sure you might need an exotic animal license since it's not a common household animal.