Sweet talking

By ... - 21/04/2012 02:49 - Canada - Whitby

Today, I called my mobile phone provider to end my contract. A sales rep spent over half an hour trying to convince me to reconsider, and I kept refusing. I ended up breaking down and accepting a "more economical" contract, which I didn't notice costs almost twice as much as the last one. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 064
You deserved it 38 378

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Apparently in your brain "no" means "Please **** me over monthly for the next 2 years."

Damn those salespeople with their honeyed voices!!! You have a cooling off period! Call her now to cancel it!!!!

Comments

perdix 29

I can see you trying to dump a boyfriend and ending up buying him a car. So, what are you doing tomorrow night? I'm looking to trade up.

perdix 29

I haven't heard from the OP yet. Now, I am going for GPS and wheel spinners, too!

28 Oh please, I personally worked for verizon, and I hardly ever did disconnects, but when I did, someone would always flip their shit after I tried everything to stop them. And then they would flip their shit that the call took an hour because they only get paid for up to 8 minutes of the call.

33 continued. They trained us to be feral, and to take our time to sweet talk the customer, but still got mad that the call was long AND we lost that customer.

LunaDragon 10

33/34 The reply button, it's their for a reason. -.- Please learn to use it.

skyeyez9 24

Get a backbone and stand up for yourself! Nobody is gonna look out for your best interests, except you. Start doing it and you will be happier.

Hahah i just cancelled my contract ysterday with Rogers. You should have came with me lol.

I bet it was something T-mobile or AT&T. Verizon all the way OP! !

She lives in ontario so i m guessing the phone company present here is rogers, bell, fido and telus. My best bet would be bell.

Tmobile's got awesome customer service! Just wanted to say. :)

Haha, I wouldn't know. I have Verizon, I think it's awesome. I've just heard that T-mobiles service isn't the best.

Michael_92 20

I had sprint, never go with them even if they offer you service for nothing. A year into the contract I had to cancel, couldn't stand not getting texts, pics for hours at a time. Verizon though is the best hands down.

Trisha_aus 15

No means no! Not I'll be happy to pay way more than I was paying before! C'mon op be strict!! *sir, please calm dow- sir, please, SIR!*

Never listen to the stuff they tell you on thoes calls cuz every person says something diff