Sweet talking

By ... - 21/04/2012 02:49 - Canada - Whitby

Today, I called my mobile phone provider to end my contract. A sales rep spent over half an hour trying to convince me to reconsider, and I kept refusing. I ended up breaking down and accepting a "more economical" contract, which I didn't notice costs almost twice as much as the last one. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 064
You deserved it 38 378

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Apparently in your brain "no" means "Please **** me over monthly for the next 2 years."

Damn those salespeople with their honeyed voices!!! You have a cooling off period! Call her now to cancel it!!!!

Comments

drayloon 50

it was more economical. ur additional payment helps jump-start the economy a bit :D

Next time when you call to cancel and they try to talk you out of it don't answer any questions. Don't bargain. Don't tell them why you want to cancel. If their answer is anything other than "right away" demand (don't ask, demand) to speak with their manager. If the manager tries the same thing then demand to speak with their manager. Keep demanding and stop capitulating. Until you do so you're their bitch.

You have a certain amount of days to be able to get out of a phone contract. Call them & cancel it ASAP! Note: I've seen a couple of others stating similar comments but were voted down. WTF? This is OPs way out so they no longer have to stress it. Geeezzz...

I can sell you a chocolate bar bag bag.

Tech/Customer support is the worst...

Cancel!! Don't be a welcome mat. Call them again. After the second time they press you, complain about what happened the first time. Demand to cancel! Don't be afraid to be firm; it may be your only option.

That used to be my job...before I left Alabama last summer...

go_Banannas0814 0

Seriously? It's not even like they convinced you just to stay with the contract you had, but they somehow tricked you into getting a "more economical" contract that costs more... So if someone told you the word "gullible" was written on the ceiling, would you look? Grow a pair of balls, or get used to the world bending you over all the time. YDI.