Regression

By Anonymous - 25/06/2022 07:00 - United States

Today, my country told me that I don’t matter, and my right to my body and the care for that body is not my own. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 855
You deserved it 570

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Actually, the majority of your country does think you matter and that your body is yours. Unfortunately, your country is ruled by a minority. The Senate and the Electoral College are two ways that the fascist minority rules the rest of us. Had the winner of the popular vote in 2016 became president, Roe v. Wade would have been safeguarded for generations.

I weep with you. I was born before we had the right to our own body and I will probably die without the right.

Comments

I weep with you. I was born before we had the right to our own body and I will probably die without the right.

wrenavery90 12

I am horrified by what's happened. I have a 23 year old daughter and I'm scared for her and all other women who have had choice taken from them.

I'm horrified for poor people. If our daughter needed an abortion, we could afford to have her travel to a free state. Many women don't have such options.

Thanatos999 3

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

You're forgetting about the most horrific part, raped women no longer can go get an abortion if their state doesn't agree with abortion rights. Abortions themselves can cost up to $750, that doesn't now include the cost of gas to drive to the next state or the flights plus hotel for 1-3 nights, because this is surgery you're not gonna be able to necessarily hit the road or fly asap. Now those women are put into the position of dishing out over $1200 driving and about $1500 flying.

and there are also situations when the baby (fetus) is not developing normally, missing vital organs or died and the woman can be forced to wait for "normal" delivery. and the mother can be endangered by infection or bleeding.

Nikki 16

Nothing is 100% effective except abstinence, if you’re too stupid to know that you shouldn’t be commenting on women’s rights

And if Asshole Thomas has any say, next to go is gay marriage, birth control, sexual privacy, and probably interracial marriage and divorce. The people in charge are going mask off just to make people suffer.

Actually, the majority of your country does think you matter and that your body is yours. Unfortunately, your country is ruled by a minority. The Senate and the Electoral College are two ways that the fascist minority rules the rest of us. Had the winner of the popular vote in 2016 became president, Roe v. Wade would have been safeguarded for generations.

clumzrino 8

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Yes it does. If someone is barely getting by gets raped and wants an abortion, how are they going to travel hundreds of miles to get it done, if the state they live in bans it. Look at a map of the US. Abortion is going to be illegal throughout the Midwest, as it’s already banned in Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, Kentucky, Tenn, Missouri, and Iowa. Indiana is going to ban it in a special session in a few days, leaving only Illinois as a state where it’s legal. Just think what it’s like in the Deep South, where all the states have laws banning it somehow. And that part of the country are among the most poorest people in the US. A woman raped in Mississippi has to travel to either North Carolina to the east (quite a distance), New Mexico to the west (another great distance), or Illinois to the north (great distance). Yep, they still have access all right. Also keep in mind, the House Minority Leader has already stated (along with dozens of other House Republicans) they would look into making a federal law banning abortion after 15 weeks as well, so the States Rights claim they used was utter BS. This was never about states rights.

elective abortions are banned in most states not pregnancies by rape incest etc depending on state. even my very conservative state didn't ban it for rape. read the bill for your state and you'd be very surprised.

Nikki 16

Come to Australia, we might need you to help protest when we inevitably follow our daddy country’s lead

wysegirl 24

I'm with you. Hearing from the guys I work with saying they should have a say in my body really pissed me off. Now I have less rights than a corpse sucks. Next they have already said they will be attacking contraceptives.

Wadlaen 23

Let me just point out that your country is wrong! You DO matter, and your body is yours to decide over!

I'm not for every single abortion, however my heart hurts for women like me who have been raped. Now raped women who were impregnated by their attacker can no longer go get an abortion if their state doesn't agree with abortion rights. Abortions themselves can cost up to $750, that doesn't now include the cost of gas to drive to the next state or the flights plus hotel for 1-3 nights, because this is surgery you're not gonna be able to necessarily hit the road or fly asap. Now those women are put into the position of dishing out over $1200 driving and about $1500 flying. Not including the mental and emotional toll this will take, and now they have to take EMDR therapy for this traumatic event that became a much longer process now, all because they live in a state that doesn't support abortion rights, even with just rape, incest or manipulation. this is a sad day for us survivors indeed.

I hate what happened and fear it will get much worse. Remember this on Election Day, if they gain control none of us will be safe.