Sweet talking

By ... - 21/04/2012 02:49 - Canada - Whitby

Today, I called my mobile phone provider to end my contract. A sales rep spent over half an hour trying to convince me to reconsider, and I kept refusing. I ended up breaking down and accepting a "more economical" contract, which I didn't notice costs almost twice as much as the last one. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 064
You deserved it 38 378

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Apparently in your brain "no" means "Please **** me over monthly for the next 2 years."

Damn those salespeople with their honeyed voices!!! You have a cooling off period! Call her now to cancel it!!!!

Comments

theevilduchess 12

Just say no... Do you want this completely ridiculous policy? NO. See how easy that was.

My trick is to just say 'No, thank you and goodbye' and hang up

This x100. If the person won't cancel your contract and keeps trying to sell you something you don't want, just hang up. Then try calling again to see if you can get a different person to talk to. Some people are easier to deal with than others.

looks like someone was being economical with the truth...

I can't see why it would be hard to say no, just stand firm on your ground, know what you want. One time I had this sales rep on the phone, he just wouldn't stop talking, so I left the phone on the table and went to do other stuff. I know it's rude, but I really had enough of that sales rep that day.

Go back to them, spit on his/her face and demand immediate cancelation of the contract.

ImSoEffedUp 10

Can you hear me now...? I'm sure you'll feel em now if not.....