Sweet talking

By ... - 21/04/2012 02:49 - Canada - Whitby

Today, I called my mobile phone provider to end my contract. A sales rep spent over half an hour trying to convince me to reconsider, and I kept refusing. I ended up breaking down and accepting a "more economical" contract, which I didn't notice costs almost twice as much as the last one. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 064
You deserved it 38 378

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Apparently in your brain "no" means "Please **** me over monthly for the next 2 years."

Damn those salespeople with their honeyed voices!!! You have a cooling off period! Call her now to cancel it!!!!

Comments

Cooling off period is standard on all contracts. Cancel it.

KiddNYC1O 20
fuckmebutdontfml 16

YDI for letting the sales represantative manipulate and for not making an informed decision

mintcar 9

Ah, you fell victim. A firm "no" usually does it for them. Don't be a pushover, OP.

Most states have laws which protect you from power sells and tactics such as this. In which you can close your account within certain amount of time, depending on the state law. Look it up then call them saying you want out. If they refuse say you know the law and will sue. they probably do not and will be pushed enough to close it for you.

same laws in canada as well. they have provinces which are the same as our states. Other countries have states. Usa does not have a monopoly on the word state! It is like me saying eat your fries to a brit and you telling me she is british they have chips not fries.

you have at least 14 days to cancel."buyers remorse" call right away.