Sweet talking

By ... - 21/04/2012 02:49 - Canada - Whitby

Today, I called my mobile phone provider to end my contract. A sales rep spent over half an hour trying to convince me to reconsider, and I kept refusing. I ended up breaking down and accepting a "more economical" contract, which I didn't notice costs almost twice as much as the last one. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 064
You deserved it 38 378

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Apparently in your brain "no" means "Please **** me over monthly for the next 2 years."

Damn those salespeople with their honeyed voices!!! You have a cooling off period! Call her now to cancel it!!!!

Comments

Half an hour? Who the hell talks to a sales rep for half an hour? YDI for falling for their smooth talk.

firefighterjohn 9

most plans have a 2 week cancel policy that allows you to cancel a new plan or return your new phone you go. look into it?

Your too soft you should of stuck to your guns and said no, it's your own fault or buying into their lies :/ But at least now your more "economical" :')

YDI for being a pushover. Even worse, it was over the phone. Why couldn't you just hang up?

Don't you usually have 30 days to cancel a new contract? Call back and cancel. Make sure to not cave this time.

smydiwannafthata 5

You have at least 7 days to get out of any contact.

Go to another phone company! Those guys are bastards.

You get no sympathy from me OP. you have to keep saying NO! Is that so hard?! Oh and GO PACK GO!

Octwo 16

Stop being a panzy and after the second time he ignores you and continues, talk to his manager and tell them to **** off and cancel. People like you are the reason I have to deal with pushy salemen trying to pressure you into buying shit. Have some pride and don't let them be dicks.