Sweet talking

By ... - 21/04/2012 02:49 - Canada - Whitby

Today, I called my mobile phone provider to end my contract. A sales rep spent over half an hour trying to convince me to reconsider, and I kept refusing. I ended up breaking down and accepting a "more economical" contract, which I didn't notice costs almost twice as much as the last one. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 064
You deserved it 38 378

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Apparently in your brain "no" means "Please **** me over monthly for the next 2 years."

Damn those salespeople with their honeyed voices!!! You have a cooling off period! Call her now to cancel it!!!!

Comments

you can still get out of it.... in Canada it is illegal for them to keep you under contract when you live in a place where you dont get service from them..... soooo.... all you have to do is have a friend who lives in a place with no service and get there address, and tell them that you have moved there and would like to cancel your contract, with no cancellation fees :)

In sure you'll have a certain amount of time to cancel it. In the future never trust a telephone salesman, if in doubt just hang up.

I've noticed with phone companies it's best to just leave well enough alone and wait for the contract to expire. Otherwise you get wallet raped.

Anyone else notice that the OP was from Canada?.... That explains a bit.

I find this comment insulting. Canadians are no more gullible than people from other countries. I would appreciate a little respect, if you please, the same that I give every single individual in the world. To the original poster, I would suggest, like so many before me, to call the telephone company and cancel the new contract. You are entitled do to this without a penalty.

Just don't pay. They'll cancel your service eventually.

I bet the sales person laughed his ass off the moment he got off the phone with OP.

#14/25 she was on the phone, so I don't think she was able to read the fine/final print because she was not presented with one.

That's when you have to get mean. Insult. Threaten. Intimidate. At the very least get someone else on the horn.

custmwoody9 4

Brilliant! Do u have anything that you would like to sell and buy back for twice as much? I can help u out!