Turn off

By whatdoesitmatter - 01/10/2013 10:47 - India - Erayu

Spicy
Today, my sex-crazed ex wrote me a letter so bad, it haunts me that I let a guy with such terrible grammar skills touch my boobs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 174
You deserved it 11 995

Same thing different taste

Top comments

raininginseattle 9

Did he write you the letter in crayons and draw pretty pictures?

Comments

That's always something that I used to determine if I liked a guy. Incorrect grammar and poor spelling? Instant turn off.

TrinityisLife 22

There is nothing worse than hearing the English language being butchered constantly. Written or spoken, I cringe when I see or hear it, and being in the South........................

I live in the South, and it offends me slightly when I get included in jokes with redneck stereotypes. A lot of people forget that one is born somewhere, and can still differ from the locals.

TrinityisLife 22

The area I live in has a good education system that teaches proper English. The youth that is coming up today has atrocious English and writes by using text messaging short hand. This includes my own children with whom I am constantly correcting in their grammar. My father taught me that how you speak greatly affects someone's first impression of you. His grammar is wonderful and he has only an eighth grade education, while I have a tenth grade education. My entire family for the past 200 years was born in the South. My reason for stating this is that there are people here that can write and speak quite well, but the area in the South I am specifically in, which is eastern North Carolina, still needs some grammar lessons. I am sorry you took offense to it, but the truth is the truth and I won't change my opinion. You do realize that you don't have to include yourself in those jokes and stereotypes if you don't fit in them, yes?

"with whom I am constantly correcting in their grammar" What the hell?! By the way, avoiding contractions at all costs DOESN'T make you sound more intelligent.

Actually I wasn't inferring that you were insulting me, I was referring to general society. However of you were attempting an insult, clearly it went over my head.

RedPillSucks 31

Give him a break. These are not atrocious errors, and is sometimes attributable to just not proof reading, when you're writing a large amount of text, especially when it's split across lines. Also, living in the south (not born here), I've come to notice that people confuse the fact that people have an "accent" with a propensity for bad grammar and the two don't follow. Also, people can have reasonable spoken grammar and bad written grammar (homonyms/homophones are more obvious, etc)

TrinityisLife 22

No insult was ever intended. =) I simply do not like to use many contractions. You can blame that on being a Data fan when I was younger. I also didn't see the last error until the timer for editing ran out. You still get the general idea.

olpally 32

Another reason why he is your ex. Haha.

Llama_Face89 33

Edit and mark all the mistakes, grade it and give/send it back to him.

kayteakay 26

The most humiliating rejection ever.

All of the indians i know have pretty good english considering its their second language,ur ex seems to be an exception.who still writes a letter?considering it was from ur ex ,im sure it wasnt romatic and must have been a torture to read

Lil_Red777 21

Is it really so hard to put your?

good thing you guys aren't dating anymore

Your so worried about his grammar but you seem to be having this exact same issue.

Sweetpea22 14

You shouldn't be making fun of people when your own grammar is atrocious.

I do t think you were thinking about his grammar skills at that moment

Funny! When you're hot for them, their flaws are endearing. When you're over them, they're ******* annoying!

well maybe you shouldn't have led him on