Money money money

By hmmm - 01/10/2013 12:32 - United Kingdom - Leicester

Today, my boyfriend's dad said he'd given my boyfriend £100 to take me out for a meal last night and he hoped I'd enjoyed it. Last night my boyfriend and I went to Pizza Hut, shared a pizza and split the bill. Turns out my boyfriend had simply pocketed the money without telling anyone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 298
You deserved it 4 032

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dswank620 18

It's even worse that his dad gave him the money instead of him using his own

I'm sorry op. But maybe he's saving up to buy you something?

Comments

I'm sorry op. But maybe he's saving up to buy you something?

I think it's ungrateful to use the money for something other than its intended purpose. If the money was a gift meant for a nice dinner for OP and her boyfriend, then that is what it should have been used for.

Yeah I'm going to bet on the fact that OP's boyfriend intended to keep the money to buy something nice for himself.

Tell him to get a job or gtfo cheap bf's only lead to trouble

jw90 18

Like a ps4 or Xbox one maybe?

I think it just looks like the OP needs a new bf, if he values a few dollars more than his gf being happy, then he doesnt deserve you

Can't blame the kid, probably needed it for gta 5.

Living by the "fu** bitches get money" motto

\ 28

If the BF is actually saving up to get GTA 5, then he isn't worth anything. Another note... This GTA hype is overdone. Sure it is a great game, but so have been alllll GTA games released since 2001. Why not focus on another innovative game like The Last of Us?

Guys...I save the money I have leftover that my mom gives me to get things for my boyfriend...(can't say what I'm saving for now because he might see this) Don't always assume the worst =P

yes but there is a difference between having a hundred bucks and spending it on a 70 dollar meal and keeping the 30 left over, and buying a 20 dollar mean AND splitting the cost. Id assume the worst.

Dodge4x4Ram 46

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

So you're saying that a real man would spend all his money on his gf? What if I don't have money at the moment, are you saying I shouldn't have a gf either?

TheDrifter 23

He was given money to spoil her. A good man would have done exactly that, not gone Dutch on the bill and tried to hide his cheapness from the one that gave him the money.

Dude here was given a load of cash for that purpouse, he failed to do so so he is an ass. This is the difference.

raininginseattle 9

11. Fallacy in your argument. Spoiling does not require spending of money. He could shower her with attention. He could treat her like a princess. He could pay attention to her needs and wants and try his best to accommodate them. However, if money was provided with the express purpose of spoiling your girlfriend, it should be used as such. And a person who uses the money differently... well... my guess is he also would not do any of the above.

threer 30

He shouldn't be forced to do that to be a 'good man'. Simply a good boyfriends.

amayasoma 19

A respectful man would do that because he loves her. He wouldnt ignore her, lie, or be selfish. Same for the female. It isnt that hard to be sweet and caring to the one you love.

He never said ALL he just said a real man should spoil his girl to the best of his ability. Obviously if you don't have money there's so many other ways to spoil a girl.

Dswank620 18

It's even worse that his dad gave him the money instead of him using his own

lolita88_fml 27

Maybe the couple are too young to be employed. Here we can't work and be paid until we're 16. But even so, no one under 18 should be going out for $100 dinners with their boyfriend/girlfriend, that's insane and such a waste of money.

TheDrifter 23

If it's a birthday or anniversary I can see giving the young couple a c note to celebrate. A nice dinner, movie, maybe a cab ride home for them would be the better part of a hundred here, but I can't speak to what it costs elsewhere.

12 I get your point, and it would have been one thing if he at least bought her a 30$ meal and kept the rest. But instead he lied (gave no credit to his dad), brought her to a cheap-ish place, and didn't even offer to pay the (probably) 6-7 dollars her half cost. He was given 100 for a meal, he didn't have to be so cheap.

It was actually £100. Last tu me I checked that was closer to $250....

I know math is really hard and stuff, but check your arithmetic, friend. 1 pound sterling is $1.62. Last I checked, that makes it $162.

Dswank620 18

Well I'm 15 and if I want to do something with mt girlfriend, I earn my own money, I can't get an actual job yet so I find stuff I can do

There's not really a problem with that unless it's all the time. Maybe the dad thinks op is good for her boyfriend, and is trying to make sure she sticks with him, even though he's botching it

Well maybe he wants to spend it on something else. It's not really your decision to make, though it's still kinda douchy of him when his dad "gave him the money to take you out"

And she obviously didn't mind the meal until she found out his dad gave him more money. Why is it his fault he doesn't want to spend that much on you? There's probably a decent reason...

The whole point was TO SPEND THE MONEY ON HER. I'd be pretty pissed if my boyfriend was such a cheap ass that he couldn't even spend money that SOMEONE ELSE GAVE HIM to buy me a nice meal. Especially, if I had to pay for half of it. That is just selfish on his part.

You sound like a douche. I'm glad I don't date you.

Also, there probably isn't "a decent reason" other than the fact that he sounds like a selfish cheapskate.

I think it's more the fact that he lied. Basically his father gave 100 dollars for them to share a meal, so he "gave" OP 50. Instead her bf lied (gave no credit to the father), and didn't even offer to pay her half. I'm not saying a guy always has to pay for the girl, but if someone gave him 100$ specifically for that, he can at least spend 6-7 bucks.

spearcom 13

Find out whether the dad is single or not. If he isn't, then you can set your boyfriend up with his mother, so that the parents get a divorce. You can then go for the father and if everything works out, then you can see a therapist together and yell "THE ARISTOCRATS!" at him.

jasmine2301 25

#70, I think you need help...

I guess you haven't heard of that joke before? It's a long-running gag used by a bunch of stand-up-comedians, highly inappropriate for all audiences. [Mine was pretty much a "hello kitty" version compared to the original.] If you're still curious about it, Gilbert Gottfried delivers a good version of it. [Just google "The Aristocrats", maybe add Gottfried's name if you want to hear the specific version of it.]

LilBroAlmighty 7

wow and the douch of the year award goes to....

kathryn14 19

That was really nice of his dad. I say tell his dad and let him deal with your boyfriend, then have a talk with him. Lol that's kinda ****** up

the pocketing of the money doesn't disgust me, its the choosing to go to pizza hut

Steve95401 49

Absolutely agree. There are so many better places he could have taken OP and still have received change back from the 100.

I like pizza hut. It's pizza, what's not to like?

#8 - What disgusts me most, is that HE ******* SPLIT THE BILL FOR ******* PIZZA HUT. It's as if he went out of his way to make sure he covered all bases in being a scumbag (reasoning: receive $100 to take her out. Instead, pocket it, and make her pay for half of what was most likely $8-$15).

Edit: Please excuse my total lack of consideration for culture. I disregarded the fact that this was the U.K., so the cost of Pizza Hut may be different, and I blew right past the "pounds" symbol. However, I still stand by my point.

monnanon 13

pizza hut is still a reasonably priced restaurant in the uk. its pretty decent too. i really wouldnt mind a date at pizza hut.

Yeah, between £9 and £15 for a pizza....

lolita88_fml 27

Tell the father, hopefully he'll force his son to give the money back. What a goddamn cheapskate.

Mr_Mole 24

Is the Dad single? Sounds like he would treat you better.