By Anonymous - 12/11/2009 20:34 - Canada

Today, my roommate's boyfriend moved in. I'm in love with him. Now I get to live with the happy couple. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 106
You deserved it 9 649

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Love sucks. Same exact thing happened to me. That year of college was pure hell, and I eventually moved out as they got engaged last year :/ I'm the maid of honor, and I'm still completly in love with him.

perdix 29

Then the threesomes will be awesome! They can be awkward if the other girl is not really into the guy. You won't have that pesky problem.

Comments

Who the **** wants advice from a site like www.fmylife.com. Don't give the girl advice, she's mature enough to deal with the situation by herself.

ninjobliveus13 0

Wow, this is epicly sad. I feel for you in every way. Not really though, easy fix honestly. Get over it, trust me that will work out better for the entire threesome. For the record that's totally a threesome comment and I count two so far.

Sorry, but you're not in love with anyone. You can't love someone you've never been with.

Not true. I love Johnny Depp. So Much. lol.

bubbles94 0

i really feel for you on that...fyl...T_T

breakingdawnxx3 0

yeah it sucks and its tough but think of your friend she's happy and if you were a true friend, you'd be happy for her. or try to be.

Jenny444_fml 0

If he knows your in love with him and he still has not really shown interest in you than move on. If he starts making moves on you dont let him because he will use you. If he doesnt know i would really honestly fight for his love. I know she is your best friend and everything but all is fair in love and war. It is kind of messed up but you havent had your chance and its not fair. That doesnt mean go around behind her back just one day like talk to him and tell him how you feel. If he feels the same way you three work it out in a way that your friend wont be hurt as much and if he doesnt feel the same way move out cause it will be kind of awkward.

Jenny444_fml 0

It is my opinion and open advice if OP takes my advice its because it made sense to her. You don't even know me so i have no idea why off the back you hate me but okay. I am pretty sure the girlfriend would not feel good about that and i am aware that she would not feel okay. I don't necessarily think its appropriate behavior. When i get broken up with it hurts of course but i DO NOT think its the end of the world. I am perfectly fine with guys breaking up with me because obviously they did not have a strong connection and i would rather be broken up with than lied to. Honestly i just move on because i know there are many other guys out there.

Jenny444_fml 0

Oh and if i know the guy is taken i do not flirt with them! but if i have strong feelings for him and when i met him he was not taken then i have a chance to fight for him. That does not mean i go around following him trying to make out with him or anything knowing he is with another girl i just talk to him find out where he is at with me and if were good i make it clear you have to choose its either me or someone else. I am sorry if i do things wrong in your eyes but to me it does not seem wrong.

.... Choose between you and his girlfriend? Who do you think you are, seriously?

Jenny444_fml 0

Not me and his girlfriend.. I said Me and Other people who are trying to get with him like in general.. but even if it were between me and his GF what does it matter. Maybe i liked him first did not have the guts to tell him and some girl got with him. Its just an example i don't like to get between people so when there single i make my move like every other person.

If you didn't have the guts, then that's too bad. He obviously is not interested in you, at least for the moment, so leave him alone. You don't think going up to him and saying you like him when he's already taken isn't "getting between people"? What planet are you from? And those TV shows are fiction. Fiction does not tend to do so well in reality. In fiction, the guy secretly had feelings for her all along. In reality, if that were the case, the guy wouldn't be with the other girl, unless he was using her or pathetically staying with her for fear of rejection from her, and that is not a guy you want to hook up with.

Also you do realize you basically just said "I saw him first, SO HE'S MINE!" Incredibly childish, my dear. Oh, and I never doubted OP might actually feel love, or at least the edges of it. Otherwise I would have said something specifically about it.

waterynuggets 0

ilu DameGreyWulf Jeeze, Jenny, I hope any "friend" of yours whose boyfriend you have your eyes set on gets far the **** away from you ASAP.

DameGreyWolf wins for common sense. Jenny, you gotta learn to move on. You're making your life harder than it needs to be. No means no.

Jenny444_fml 0

I do not fall for my friends boyfriends because we tell each other who we like. Me and my friends have never had that problem. So if you do not know me i suggest you SHUT THE **** UP

So it's okay to fall for someone who is taken because their girlfriend didn't validate their availability to you to make sure their feelings are cleared to act on? What the hell? Don't turn relationships into a bureaucracy.

thank you damngreywolf heres a waffle for a job well done (>'')>#

waterynuggets 0

I think I speak for a lot of people here when I say I'm glad as **** I don't know you, kiddo.

Jenny444_fml 0

Okay first you say that your glad that your not my friend. So to me i am replying on the whole friends thing. My friends know who i like and to be honest i am a very calm person i am not the type of girl that sees a guy and my hormones start raging i am saying just in general. Other people like the ones that have their boyfriends and their girlfriends well i really don't care how they feel because i do not know them so why should i feel bad when i go up to a guy thats taken and tell him i think your cute and leave it at that. All i am saying is TALK TO HIM i am NOT SAYING MESS AROUND WITH HIM. How is that even bad. At least i wont go and support cheating i just support clarifying the situation. A person has a right to know who is interested in them.

It's one thing to not know they are taken and flirt, but it's an entirely different thing to flirt while you do know. And she's not just flirting, she's going to go say "hey I love you." That is also an entirely different thing. There's such thing as "boundaries," you know. And "why should I care about them" haha, you're a horrible human being, you know that? Sick, selfish, arrogant little *****. But, okay, I am going to go and hang all over any boyfriend you get, because it's totally okay since we're not friends and stuff.

kesulli27 6

Jenny, after reading some of your comments all I can say is I would NEVER want you for a friend. You sound like someone that would easily stab a friend in the back just to get what you want.

Hey, OP, your story sounds alot like a movie called Single White Female. I suggest you rent it.....wait, on second thought that might give you tips on how to get him. SEEK HELP!!

LOL, it's funny that you said "there are plenty of fish in the sea". There is an online dating site called that.

Okay, you need to simma down now. Clearly, you are neither a trustworthy friend, nor a nice person. What kind of woman would do that to another woman? You are "in love" with her boyfriend. That's ******* horrible. I'm sure you would not be too happy if she was the one in love with YOUR boyfriend. The dude is HER boyfriend. Back the f off. There is a reason he is with her and not you.

Oh yeah, and stop being jealous. It's unattractive and probably why he doesn't like you.

Yeah, but if the boy "settled" with her best friend to "be close to her," then that says much about his character. It also makes him a creep. And who would want to be with someone anyway who just "settles" and then secretly wants someone else? Listen to yourself! Also, I do disagree because I believe that I do have the freedom to judge whoever the **** I want. I calls them as I sees them, and this girl is JEALOUS!

Jenny444_fml 0

Thats what i am saying people do different things for love of course you would not know because you are not in the position that they are. Yes you do have the freedom to do whatever you want as long as you do not violate someone else's rights. Im not saying you are violating her rights but your judgements may offend her and its not fair to judge a person because you are no one to judge and you are not in her shoes. Of course this girls is jealous because she has to see the person she loves with another woman. Im sure you would be too if you were in love with a man and you saw him with another person.

quarty165 0

And the op is not "offending" her roommate by trying to steal her man? Or even for believing that the bf is really "just settling" for the roommate? I'd hate to be your friend. While J1zzInMyPants didn't need to be obnoxious, he has a point.

Jenny444_fml 0

Basically what i am trying to get across is that they might be in a situation in where the best friend might have been a bad friend and made a move on him knowing OP was in love with him. There are so many possibilities. I am not saying that is the case i am saying it may be a possibility that he is settling. I just said that because everyone is making her out to be a home wrecker and no one has a right to do that without knowing what the situation is. OP has a right to talk to him i mean she is not violating anyones rights by talking. Cheating is wrong and if you could see i was not supporting cheating but OP has a right to be happy as well. If i were OP i would talk to him and tell him how i feel because it does not matter who met who first what matters is who is right for who.

"The situation" is irrelivent if the OP has a shred of decency in her. The phrase "bros before hos" applies to women, too. She has no right to disrupt her roommate's relationship. It will end itself eventually if he's "settling" or if the roommate is a bad person. If it doesn't end itself even if one of those things is true, the guy can't really be worth having. OP can make a move if the "happy couple" breaks up, but a decent person would either say nothing at all until then, or ONLY tell the roommate about it (NOT the boyfriend).

Jenny444_fml 0

I disagree with the situation is important and its not about decency its about her emotions. and i tough the phrase was "sis before dicks". She has a right to clarify her feelings with the guy. What i see here is settling to having the guy you love with your best friend and watching them have a nice life or clarifying things with both of them and possibly keep the friend because you at least showed that you cared enough to tell her and not go behind her back like ALOT of other people do. If your friend throws a bitch fit i understand but then again she has to also realize that you are in LOVE with him. What i don't get is why is everyone making a big deal. She is going to talk to the guy she loves i mean many of people do it. She is going to tell him how she feels and hopefully things work out for her. I know that best friends are important and they do give you happiness but its a person you LOVE that completes you. Thats the way i see it. If he says lets fool around and stuff then forget about him he is no good. If he has feelings for you too than he needs to be a man and accept the fact that he has to go up to his GF and tell her and you also need to do that as well. It may be a win and lose situation but if your best friend cares about you as much as you do then she will understand. Its not easy seeing the person you love living with a person your close to.

The situation you are describing comes from an overindulgence of chick flicks. Girl: "I love you!" Boy: "OMG ME TOO! I have just been with this other person for so long because I didn't think we had a chance." *Ride off into the sunset* I would bet a significant amount of money on the fact that the guy does not have feelings for the OP. The OP going to talk to the boy is just going to lead to drama that does not need to happen. It sucks liking your friend's b/f, but if you are a friend you respect those boundaries. I would hate to be your friend Jennie! The idea that you would really step over a well-known line of ethics and be willing to go and tell your friend's b/f that you are "in love" with him pisses me the **** off. I really would like to know how old you are because I feel like the things you spout comes from a lack of experience in real life. I will agree that the OP can believe that she is "in love," but again I would bet a significant amount of money that it is not real love. I don't think you can be truly in love with someone until you know every facet of them and still love them because people can suck (even the people you love). That is why you love them because you are willing to accept the bad parts of them too and it doesn't matter to you. I bet the OP only knows this boy to the extent that she has been around him (most likely in a highly social situation where the boy is putting his best foot forward). The OP needs to move the **** out if she can't handle this situation (which is what I would do frankly). She has no right to create drama in that house even though she is in an unfortunate situation with her feelings. Chicks before Dicks.

Single White Female http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105414/