By Anonymous - 12/11/2009 20:34 - Canada

Today, my roommate's boyfriend moved in. I'm in love with him. Now I get to live with the happy couple. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 106
You deserved it 9 649

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Love sucks. Same exact thing happened to me. That year of college was pure hell, and I eventually moved out as they got engaged last year :/ I'm the maid of honor, and I'm still completly in love with him.

perdix 29

Then the threesomes will be awesome! They can be awkward if the other girl is not really into the guy. You won't have that pesky problem.

Comments

Jenny, that is the kind of thinking that gets little teenies pregnant. "But I LOVE him! I don't care if I'm only 15, we can have sex because we're in LOVE!" Just saying. Oh, and I disagree with what you're saying on other lines. OP should just leave them alone and move on. If he's with another girl, that's too damn bad for her.

get over it he wasn't ur boyfriend to begin with!

Not to be trite, but get the **** over it.

All you girls just think you're in love with these guys because you can't have them. Maybe if you put yourself out there you would meet someone and fall in love with someone else.

Jenny444_fml 0

I actually have my thinking straight. FYI I have not had sex because i know the consequences. If i were to have sex its with a person i love that i have been with for more than 2 years and will wait till then. OP has a right to fight for love. When people watch these reality shows and cheering other people on to win and then call other people home wreckers they are complete hypocrites because its practically the same thing. She loves him and she should not move on its up to her. If she wants to clarify things with him thats fine. The point where it gets wrong is when she is fooling around behind her back. All i am saying is should talk to him. The rest is up to her and really you are no one to tell her what to do. What you can do is give her advice but you can not tell her that she needs move on or to get over it its her life her decisions.

I never said YOU had sex, but that way of thinking is why many other teens have sex. They think they can deal with the consequences because they are "in love," and that their knight in shining armor will stick by them forever and always. What's there to clarify? He is CLEARLY with her ROOM MATE. He is taken. He is not an option. What makes you think it's okay to go and tell him her feelings when he's taken? That just puts her in a world of hurt, and him in a world of awkward. Not to mention he's likely to freak out or tell his girlfriend, in which case hello catfight. She needs to move on. And really, if she truly loved him, she should be satisfied with the fact that he is happy, not pining over the fact that he's not hers. If she truly loved her friend, also, she should be satisfied in general in the fact that they are happy together. Rough going, but that's how it is. Also what kind of bitch move is it to break people up, steal boyfriends/girlfriends, or immediately snatch up someone the second your friend dumps them, especially if that someone dumped them for you. That's just horribly selfish. Horribly, horribly selfish. You will end up without friends doing that.

Wow... totally have been there before. It is super hard.... I no longer live with them and unfortunately we never speak either, all due to his gf's insecurities. :(

YDI for not respecting your roomate and their partner.

Also, you know, that sort of mentality also supports rape, stalking, etc, because that's how those people see "love" and find that an acceptable way to express "love." Do you see my point? Not saying she's not in love; not critiquing the OP, just your statement.