By Anonymous - 12/11/2009 20:34 - Canada

Today, my roommate's boyfriend moved in. I'm in love with him. Now I get to live with the happy couple. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 106
You deserved it 9 649

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Love sucks. Same exact thing happened to me. That year of college was pure hell, and I eventually moved out as they got engaged last year :/ I'm the maid of honor, and I'm still completly in love with him.

perdix 29

Then the threesomes will be awesome! They can be awkward if the other girl is not really into the guy. You won't have that pesky problem.

Comments

Jenny444_fml 0

Who are you to tell another person that what they feel is not love? You don't know what love means because it means many different things to different people. For many people love has different meanings and yours may be different from OP's so i don't understand why you are over here telling her things for something that does not even involve you in the first place.

How can you even allow yourself to "love" your room mate's boyfriend? If I see a guy I might like and then find out he's taken, he might as well be gay because I won't see him in that light ever again. I just hope you don't try to tell him and get him to fall in love with you.

quarty165 0

I agree, assuming you met him after they started dating and weren't in love beforehand. I'm not saying it's something easy to control, but just don't be a homewrecker. Also, you don't have to take that crap from them and let him move in. It's your room too. YDI if you do.

Jenny444_fml 0

What if she was in love with him before her best friend even knew him and she never had the courage to go up to him.

arnie3713 0

What if her best friend was in love with him before they even knew each other? Your points are all invalid. She needs to not ruin a relationship because she can't control herself. Everything happens for a reason. If her roommate and bf break up then sure go for him. Otherwise she needs to keep her feelings to herself because she could lose out on more than a new bf. He could find her creepy if she told him thus never wanting anyhing to do with her. Then he tells his gf and she gets pissed and then they want her to move out because of awkwardness. So before you open your mouth again about what the OP should do think about ALL the people in the situation and not just the OP. Girls like you need to go far away from society.

ElMundio87 0
Jenny444_fml 0

In the end. They are HER emotions and unfortunately she CAN NOT control them. I really don't care who saw him first or anything its just like it depends on the personality of the person and the way they think. I honestly don't think it matters who saw them first its just maybe she knew him for a while but did not have the courage to go up to him because she is either shy, self conscious, or insecure. You don't ******* know me so i do not understand why the **** you are telling me that i need to stay away from society who the **** do you think you are. Obviously thats the way i think. She could tell him and talk to him and just because he is taken does not mean she cant talk to him. People in this world do a lot worse than what i am advising so i do not understand why everyone is all going crazy. I would go talk to him and let him know, and if he is not interested then move on for sure but i think its fair for her to know if she has a chance for love.

jenny, ur wrong. she doesnt have a right to try and win him back. if those two are together, she shudnt even try to seperate them for her own gain. its not love, you dont love someone you cant share ur feelings with. he obviously doesnt have the feelings she has for him, so why would she ruin it for the couple? it wud be really bitchy of her. just because she isnt happy, doesnt mean that she has to make them unhappy too. they are in a reltionship OP. LET THEM BE

arnie3713 0

It's pretty easy to tell what kind of person you are. From reading all the posts, you're someone that would get in the way of another couples happiness, just to try to make yourself happy. It's OP's fault that she didn't take her chance. Once it's gone, it's gone until the opportunity presents itself again. NOW IS NOT THE ******* TIME TO DO IT BECAUSE SHE LIVES WITH HER FRIEND, AND HER FRIENDS BOYFRIEND. Are you too ******* naive to see that if she does that she'll ruin a lot more, and hurt herself even more. It's better to not know, than to find out he has never liked her, and never will. I hope she does talk to him, and his response is to propose to his gf, so she can be the maid of honor because she took your advice. Your logic makes you look retarded, and you contradict everything you say.

Jenny444_fml 0

Okay like i have said before OP's definition of LOVE could be DIFFERENT. To me love is not a emotion to me love is something you show through act and many might disagree but thats what love is to me because thats my way of thinking or my "Mentality". She is not ruining it for the couple if she just talks to him. Bitchy would be her making moves on him while OPs bestfriend is not their. Maybe OP is very happy by now. Hopefully things worked out for all of them and she, her bestfriend and the guy are okay.

Jenny444_fml 0

You do not know me AT ALL. To be honest i am getting tired of everyone saying i am a bad person, selfish, stupid, and what not. I would not call it getting in the way because i am saying TALK not kiss him, make a move on him, date him behind her back, **** or anything else just to tell him what she feels. I think a person has a right to know who is interested in them because maybe they want to know, or their not happy in their relationship and what not. Im not saying its the time to do that. Im saying its better now than never. Im sure her friend would tolerate talking and she could hurt herself more in the way of her pride or even her emotions. I think its better to know because if she knows he does not see her in that way or that he just is not interested she could think to herself that she really needs to get over him because their will not be anything there. Maybe its even better for her to say something because it could help the bf realize how much he loves this person. OP can move on and Couple are better than ever. People are contradicting everything i say and taking what i say completely different respond something along the lines and make me disagree with them. And if my logic is so retarded than why would you even bother to respond.

arnie3713 0

Because you speak out of your ass. NO ONE IN HERE AGREES WITH YOU. Do you not ******* see that?

Not only that, but listening to what you have to say about love/relationships is like listening to what a brick wall has to say about moving.

Jenny444_fml 0

How does that even make sense. A wall has no experience moving. So you are saying that i do not have experience with relationships. You are just dumb for saying that. What i am saying is MY OPINION i really do not give a **** if you agree. so whatever.

If you don't give a shit, then why keep responding, eh? Also, I laugh at your ALLCAPS. And the point was, child, that a wall knows nothing about moving, just like you know nothing about relationships/love.

muffinsareyummy 1

**** your life? really? it's the perfect time to make your move! you should "accidentally" walk in on him when he's in the shower.

um, time 4 a new guy to fall in love with. going for some1 elses dude's just gonna cause more drama. unless thats wat u want

avfcfan89 0

you should just walk in on him when he gets out the shower just for a peek lol.. hey no you can look all you want but no touchy lol

"Hi, my name is Anonymous, and I'm a human doormat!"

popatia 0

YDI don't be a home wrecker. Get your own man.

YDI for letting it get to this stage instead of doing the sensible thing and talking to your roommate about the problem and taking the time to get over him. Because seriously, this will only end badly.