By Anonymous - 12/11/2009 20:34 - Canada

Today, my roommate's boyfriend moved in. I'm in love with him. Now I get to live with the happy couple. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 106
You deserved it 9 649

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Love sucks. Same exact thing happened to me. That year of college was pure hell, and I eventually moved out as they got engaged last year :/ I'm the maid of honor, and I'm still completly in love with him.

perdix 29

Then the threesomes will be awesome! They can be awkward if the other girl is not really into the guy. You won't have that pesky problem.

Comments

talk the possibility of a threesome up!

If he is dating your roommate, then why did you agree to him moving in if you knew it would be a problem?

Jenny444_fml 0

It could be a situation similar to a chick flick i guess, but i have seen it happen a lot. Fine if the guy does not have feelings for her she has a right to know. If she talks to him she can clarify her feelings and move on basically put a end to it because she knows it would not happen, and i am so glad we are not friends because i have open minded friends who share the same opinions as me and we all get along. I would not fool around with him i would simply say i have feelings for you and thats it. I am just informing him and my friend would know how i feel because i tell them everything, and to be honest i don't give a **** what pisses you the **** off. It may not be real love between the both but to her it is real love because she has a different view of love than you. She does have a right to have a say because she IS LIVING THERE TOO! it is up to her if she wants to move out or not.

"i have open minded friends who share the same opinions as me"...the irony of that statement aside, you must really be living in a bloodbath, what with everyone hitting on everyone else's BFs/GFs. The thing is, not everyone thrives on drama. It is "going behind her back" in every sense of the phrase for the OP to tell her roommate's BF about her feelings, even if he doesn't feel the same way. The guy will inevitably tell OP's roommate, the roommate will get pissed and insecure, and the OP will be even more miserable than before. What woman would be OK with other women walking up to their BF and telling him how they love him? You seem to be working under the unfair assumption that OP's roommate is a bitch and deserves it. You lost all credibility when you agreed with jemmalou86.

Jenny444_fml 0

I do not live in a bloodbath. WTF you do not know where i live. YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME. I still have no idea why the **** you keep responding to me. Seriously no one is hitting on anyones BF/GF. Me and my friends are clear on who we like. Even with people in general i really do not care if i do not know them. I look at a guy and i think he is cute. I do not go chase him down and get to know him. Usually guys come up to me and if there taken i do not mess with them because that just shows what type of guy he is. I go for the good guys. OP knows what type of guy he is OP knows the situation OP knows her bestfriend and OP should make her OWN DECISIONS and NOT BE CRITICIZED by assholes that think its wrong maybe she does not think its wrong. I would be okay with a woman coming up to my bf and telling him that they like or love him. Its happened before and i have never over reacted. I simply sat down with the girl and my BF talked things out and we were all okay at the end. What credibility did i ******* have everyone is attacking me saying i am a bad person.

arnie3713 0

Who the **** even says the OP knows him? You don't ******* know her. What if she is a ******* stalker, and knows everything about her, and just so happens to have become best friends with his GF to try and get closer to him because she's a ******* stalker. Don't just ******* think that because she loves him, she ******* knows him. You just assume every-*******-thing and thats why people are getting on your ass about the ******* bullshit you say.

Jenny444_fml 0

Its her best friends boyfriend! LIVING IN THE SAME APARTMENT SHE IS! are you stupid or what??? i am sorry for analyzing a sentence which they taught you how to do in high school. Maybe she is a psycho but your just assuming this whole terrible scenario and i really do not think thats the situation she is in because she would have never put Best friend on there she would have put a girl because she would not care. ITS MY ******* OPINION AND I HAVE THE RIGHT TO EXPRESS IT AND IM SORRY YOU DONT AGREE. AND IF YOUR GOING TO BE AN ASSHOLE AND SEND ME A MESSAGE APOLOGIZING AND THEN COME RIGHT BACK AND INSULT ME THAT JUST SHOWS THE TYPE OF PERSON YOU ARE.

sugarbear0727 19

You know it says 'roommate' right? Not 'best friend'. First time I lived away from family, I had six roommates, I didn't know any of them. Roommate does not mean best friend.

Jenny444_fml 0

Not my mentality people who cant handle an open mind are the ones who stalk and rape. Its just my way of thinking.

as i say to all FML's, everything is better when kirby gives u a waffle. (>'')># here you go! SPREAD THE WORD! KIRBY TAKING OVER FML!

"People who can't handle an open mind stalk and rape" - first, how do you come to this conclusion? Second, your mentality = your way of thinking. Third, you said along the lines of "people have their own definition of love, therefore you can't tell someone they aren't in love" -- this sort of mentality is supporting that: underage sex is okay because the person, in their definition, is "in love," stalking is okay because the person, in their definition, is "in love," rape is okay because the person, in their definition, is "in love," and you are not allowed to tell them otherwise or prosecute them because that is what they think of love.

one how can you be in love with a guy that you're not going out with and two how come he just happens to be your roomates boyfriend, why not your "best friend" like they always say. you cant exactly be in love with him unless you're going out with him...

i mean hey, my friend's going out with a girl i have a mad crush on but i agree with the person who said it's just a crush, i mean granted a big one but just a crush, but a crush in of itself is a form of love, it only goes one way though, its not "in love" its what they call unrequited love. i believe thats how you spell it

Jenny444_fml 0

People who have been in trauma and that eventually go sick in their mind because they cant handle their "mentality" do those things. To those people who think they are in love is okay in their eyes to have underaged sex. Some things work out and some do not. Stalking is going way to far out of love thats doing anything to get that love returned and thats VIOLATING SOMEONE ELSES RIGHTS. like i said before PEOPLE HAVE THE FREEDOM TO DO WHATEVER THEY WANT AS LONG AS THEY DONT VIOLATE SOMEONE ELSES RIGHTS.

wow . you all have no lives . especially jenny . do you all come home everyday and run to the computer to comment back to the latest insult . and people are gonna say to me ''well what are you doing then commenting you *******'' or whatever . different situation cuz i'm not having a huge , stupid fight with strangers . none of you have even met before & you're arguing . some people have been saying 'you dont know the guy, get over it ''. how do you know she doesn't know him ? they may be really close friends and she's developed deeper feelings for him or whatever . the situation would absolutely suck . you'd see them all over each other and being lovey dovey like everyday . it would make OP's life suck shit !

Jenny444_fml 0

WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM YOUR NOT EVEN IN THIS ******* ARGUMENT SO I HAVE NO IDEA WHY YOUR RUNNING YOUR MOUTH DUMB ASS. I KEEP COMING BACK BECAUSE I GET THE COMMENTS THINGS ON MY PROFILE SO STFU

yooo jenny. take a chill pill. just computer people here. doing our computer people thing. no need to blow a shitstorm. (>")>#