By Anonymous - 12/11/2009 20:34 - Canada

Today, my roommate's boyfriend moved in. I'm in love with him. Now I get to live with the happy couple. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 106
You deserved it 9 649

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Love sucks. Same exact thing happened to me. That year of college was pure hell, and I eventually moved out as they got engaged last year :/ I'm the maid of honor, and I'm still completly in love with him.

perdix 29

Then the threesomes will be awesome! They can be awkward if the other girl is not really into the guy. You won't have that pesky problem.

Comments

charmanderCHAR 5

You better not cheat. Don't be a sick ****!

Wow. That whole "If you truly loved them" thing is cliche and it is utter bullshit. It would still hurt knowing that he will never have those feelings for you. You can't just switch off how you feel for someone. Emotions are not something we can control. That being said though, She has to live with it. Move out or something to get him off her mind, but she has no right to ruin someone else's relationship. If they were to break up for unrelated reasons, then he is fair-game. (Assuming she is not or does not want to be friends with her roommate)

It's cliche, but it's true. You love someone, you want them to be happy. Put them above yourself. That's the point of love, yes? But I wasn't saying it's easy as shit, not hurtful, or that she can just turn her emotions off and on. In fact, I even said "It's rough going."

Why is it that so many people can't seem to grasp the difference between "in love with" and "infatuated with"? I'm irritated by anyone who expects sympathy based on their own failure to be self aware.

Don't you dare be a bitch and make a move on this guy you're "in love" with

ashley_420 0

That sucks! If i were you i would see if they were in love and then if they werent make your move!!!!

jemmalou86 0

Woiw this is horrible. Sonme of the cooments people have been putting here, such as "he berlongs to someone else" and "don't you dare make a move"- **** off! Boyfriends and girlfrfiends don't "belong"to anyone. If she wants to make a move on him, she can! Just because a guy is taken it doesn't mean you can't make a move- realtionships aren't all rock solid amd most guys will leave as soon as they find a better deal. And as for hose who are saying "think how the gf would feel"- the fact is, we don't care how the gf feels. To someone who likes a taken guy, the gf is just an obsticle who needs to be removed. They don't care about her, and why should OP? All that matters is getting the guy in the end. OP, what I'd do is ignore the idiot do- gooders on here and try to break then up (hopefully in due course it'll happne itself- couples never last). If you want to make a move, do it. If he rejects you then move away. Your friend is the bitch for having the guy you love, not you. If it were me I'd try to do something. Wait unti you're both alone int he house one night. Guys don't really fall in love to be honest- they take whatever offers they get, and usually choose the best one. I mean, if I was a guy, and I had a gf, but another, hotter girl came along, I'd be off with her before you could say "you're dumped". Overall it should be you who has him, not her, so go for it!

You're a ***** and the reason I hate girls and hang out with boys.

You piss a lot of people off that way. I'm sure you wouldn't be singing the same song of "taken guys are fair game" when someone pulls the same shit on you. Seriously, you sound like a self-centered bitch who lacks the concept of boundaries and common decency. I honestly hope that you have no friends at all, because you only seem to think about yourself and would gladly betray a friendship for a guy that would probably only stay with you for a few months anyway, if at all. Not to mention, from my experience with talking to my guy friends, girls like you just make them laugh/annoyed because you're so desperate and pathetic for attention. Either that, or they just think you're easy. Bottom line: grow the **** up. The world does not revolve around you.

Jenny444_fml 0

That is exactly what i mean. Boyfriends and Girlfriends does not mean permanent relationship. Even in marriage there is divorce. The whole making a move is bad because she does have to think about her best friend in a way. If it was just a girl then i would say yeah your right but they are bestfriends that complicates everything.

Ah yes jemmalu. but u failed to realize that the reason the bf moved in with the gf, is to have raging wall sex, and that is indeed, rock solid. (>'')>#

Okay, sooo... you want to hook up with guys who'll dump you the second they see tail they deem to be "better"? Honey, you're in for a lot of illegitimate children.

arnie3713 0

You're not even worth commenting on because of how ******* stupid you sound. I hope your ass gets dumped like this a thousand times and you still don't learn your lesson. If a bitch that acted like you ever tried to pull a ******* move on me when I was in a relationship, I'd laugh in her ******* face even if she was "hotter" than my girlfriend and tell her to back the **** off. Its funny how your advise, and even your name is just like Jenna from earlier in FML. Seems like someone might have two accounts.

Jenny444_fml 0

Really?? Are you ******* kidding me. Why the **** would i have two accounts that is so LAME. and its not Jenna its Jenny. Jemmalou86 is nothing like JEnny maybe the first two letters. Your really dumb if you think i would be that low to make another account to make me sound good thats completely ridiculous. I admire how much respect and love you have for your girlfriend that shows that your a good guy. Thats rare these days.

Not really, but you're a bad person to begin with so I guess you attract bad guys. And y'know, if you'd stop stealing boyfriends from under other girls' noses, maybe you wouldn't get all the assholes, eh? I mean, what makes you think, if it was so easy for you to seduce him, that he isn't going to hop off the train at any moment? Secure relationships, you will never have. Of course that's fine and all with you, isn't it? Since, ya know, it's okay to steal others' partners. So it doesn't really matter if some other chick nabs yours, eh?

Jenny444_fml 0

What the hell is your problem??? I AM NOT EVEN ******* TALKING TO YOU (DAMEWHATEVER). I JUST SAID ITS GREAT THAT HES A GREAT GUY AND HERE YOU COME ATTACKING ME ONCE AGAIN AND I DIDNT SAY SHIT TO YOU. I NEVER SAID MY BF IS AN ASSHOLE. JUST LEAVE ME THE **** ALONE YOU WEIRDO. IM TRYING TO KEEP MY COOL BUT WHEN YOU KEEP COMING AND TELLING ME THINGS IM GOING TO TELL YOU OFF NOW LEAVE ME ALONE

You are posting on a public site, with a public commenting system for its users, leaving yourself open to the comments of anyone who wishes to. "your a good guy. Thats rare these days." quite implies you think the majority of men suck, but darlin', only the sad saps you've saddled with suck, because you are essentially a magnet for suck, because you suck. Saying such a sexist little ignorant comment is bound to get a reply, initially.

Jenny444_fml 0

You know what. Obviously you have a lot of time on your hands so to everyone else who has been attacking me and telling me things as well. You can all go **** YOUR SELF'S. I have better things to do so whatever.

waterynuggets 0

I hope one of those things is going to school and larnin bettar grammar's.

arnie3713 0

I'm just going to reply here, since the post got deleted. First I sent the private message AFTER I wrote back to you. Secondly, analyzing a sentence....hmmmm. I don't see the word best friend in there. Therefore you added words, thus analyzing too far into something? Don't criticize me for coming up with bogus statements if you're going to add detail that makes you think they are best friends. Oh and read your inbox again. I sent you a message clarifying that I wrote those beforehand.

Oh man. Get out as soon as you can. Things can happen even if you don't mean them to and then your life is worse!!!

Hey OP, I think I can kind of understand how you feel. In my junior and senior years in high school there was a guy who was in every single one of my classes, we weren't particularly close, but we shared a lot of quirky interests. Halfway through my Junior year I began to developed a crush on him, and it got a lot bigger as time went on, until he was the only thing I thought about. and I'm an extreamly shy person, so unfortunately I didn't have the guts to tell him how I felt before we graduated. I found him on facebook a couple months after graduation, and noticed that he now had a girlfriend. It was pretty devastating. I still talked to him some, because he was able to make me smile like nobody else, but I forced myself to realize that my chance was over. I had my opportunity and lost it. No matter how compatible we would have been, it doesn't matter because he's taken now. It hurts like hell. 2 years later, I still talk to him, and I still think about what could have been, but I know it never will be. I would never dream of hurting their relationship, and I've given up on ever having a chance with him, but it just makes me feel better to know that I haven't lost contact completely. Anyway, moral of my story: do what you need to in order to feel better, without hurting anyone. If you need to tell them how you feel and then move out, do it. If you need to find another guy, do it. If you need to sit alone and cry and eat ice cream, just do it. Don't let some of the angrier posts on here upset you, just do what you feel is right. c: