By clumsylobster - 13/10/2014 21:33 - Australia - Perth

Today, my friends and I went paintballing. The instructor showed us the sound of an unloaded gun by shooting at my face. It wasn't unloaded. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 879
You deserved it 3 555

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Honestly, I would report him. That is incredibly unsafe, you aren't supposed to aim at people's faces regardless.

wow. That's one bad instructor. I hope you're doing well and the bruise isn't that painfull!

Comments

OP here, I had a painful bruise on my face, but I managed anyway.. But when I got home, I had to pull out a super wobbly tooth...

Oh, crap. That paintball facility had better pay for your dental care. I hope Australia's liability laws are in your favor, because that's messed up.

Australia's liability laws are the best :D

Well I definitely hope you reported that idiot instructor, that was completely wrong in every way.

Glad to hear it, OP. :) I hope you get your new tooth soon.

out of curiosity, where did this happen? if you don't mind me asking, I'm from west aus as well and my sister's partner is heavily involved in paintball

I'm from New South Wales, don't know why it says Western Australia

strange, but definitely says western Australia, oh well thanks for the reply, anyway

Damn! You're lucky he didn't shoot you in the eye. I've heard of a few people who have gone blind from being shot in the eye. Yeah, time to lawyer up.

I really hope you had a mask on paintball will take out an eye with ease, not that this distracts from the obvious points of gun safety. Guns should remain uncocked until ready for use. Never point the gun at something you don't intend to shoot. Anytime you pick up a gun assume it's loaded even if you loaded/unloaded it yourself, one in the chamber can be forgotten and it's just good practice anyway. These are just basic rules anyone should adhere to before they ever pick up a gun. Paintball guns are no exception, they can cause severe trauma, blindness and in the right place I know of 1 death although there is probably more, all could of been avoided if the above rules had been followed.

Thx for that, dont think we really needed the lecture

ShadowlessSpear 21

The instructor clearly needs it.

Report the instructor. Pointing at your face was very unsafe and they don't need to be doing it to anyone else.

That was a freaking shitty (forgive my profanity) instructor! Those rental markers aren't always in top notch condition, and what he did, could have caused you to get a composite bolt (the thing that pushes the paintball out of the barrel) in your face 100 feet per second. Really smart way to instruct people how to use the equipment...

Thank you, you made my day, it was really but i dont think you deserved that x

DewIchigo 17
Attacksloth 33

That's one of the golden rules of paintball. Wardens always say something like "you shoot at anyone while play is not on, and you're kicked out of the facility". I'm sure that if the management don't fire him for doing that, you can take it higher and report him to the police if you're truly hurt / shaken by it. You'd have plenty of witnesses, and likely CCTV unless it's an outdoor range.