By clumsylobster - 13/10/2014 21:33 - Australia - Perth

Today, my friends and I went paintballing. The instructor showed us the sound of an unloaded gun by shooting at my face. It wasn't unloaded. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 879
You deserved it 3 555

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Honestly, I would report him. That is incredibly unsafe, you aren't supposed to aim at people's faces regardless.

wow. That's one bad instructor. I hope you're doing well and the bruise isn't that painfull!

Comments

pbkid6667 6

As someone who use to ref at a paintball field, that's funny! As far as being professional about it that's as far from setting the example as you can get. Now for all the people worried about injury (I use to play professionally, yes there is pro paintball) I'm sure this guy was wearing his goggles. Paintballs travel on average of 300 feet per second. That's roughly 204.5 mph. The lenses are designed to take that impact literally hundreds of times so his eyes were protected. I would tell customers that getting shot in the lenses is the best place to get marked by a paintball because you don't feel anything. If he was shot in the ventilation holes in the mask his lips would have been stung from the gelatin shell but there wouldn't be injury. If the goggles were not worn at this point this would have been a different story. Statistically you are more likely to get injured playing golf or going bowling. Paintball is one of the safest sports there is IF the goggles are worn on the playing field and up to the point the game is over and the barrel blocking devices are installed on everyone's markers (the correct way to say paintball gun) once the game is over. I hope the ref apologized and did something to compensate you for more than likely scaring the piss out of you from the start.

Last time I went paintballing I shot my friend in the dick!!

Lost tooth but mainly okay ? I'll manage.. Got me a day off work at least :')

Lesson learned: Don't let someone point a gun to your face even if it's a paintball gun.

I hope that guy was fired and reported beyond the company for that. That is a terrible thing to do.

What the actual ****!?!? They should be charged with assault and you OP should ******* sue their mother ******* ass!!!

sparky333441 18

At first I didn't see the word "paint" in the FML and I got so scared that you were shot in the face..

what happened to "treat every weapon as if it is loaded"? this guy should be fired for not practicing safety procedures.

That was the instructors fault. He should have made sure it was empty AND should not have been pointing it at any one, it's gun etiquette