By aeterne - 08/04/2009 06:08 - United States

Today, my boss informed me that it is now my responsibility to wash the dishes, since my co-workers are consistently too lazy to clean up after themselves. I have a bachelor's degree. Which I earned at the same university I now work at. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 379
You deserved it 6 060

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wtf, that sucks. What's your degree in? You need to go job hunting.

psssh. who doesn't have a bachelor's degree. it sucks to clean up after co-workers regardless of how much education you have.

Comments

effevery1slife 0

By Bachelors Degree did you mean Associates Degree? And by University did you mean tech school?

OH MY GOD! the same exact thing just happened to me! I work at a Hedge Fund, BA degree. Are you serious!? I completely relate

i'll side with you and agree that it blows you have to do someone else's job but think of it this way. maybe if you pick up the slack of others and work hard, you will get promoted to a higher position. thats how most people get promoted. your lazy co-workers will either get fired at some point or will be stuck at the same status the rest of their life.

Ugh! Shut up and do your job! A piece of paper doesn't make you any better than anyone else. Having a job means doing what your boss tells you to do. Deal with it!

Well if you end your sentences with propositions and have a bachelor's degree you should have to wash the dishes you idiot!

# 35.... I already said that if this person works in a laboratory at the university (which is highly likely based on the statements) that washing glassware IS part of the job. Not everything is disposable. I work for my alma mater as a researcher, and my guess is that this is probably what the poster does also.

#47: There is no absolute rule about not ending sentences with prepositions. People do it all the time, and have done it since before Shakespeare (who also did it). It's just that a bishop back in the 1700s decided to make up rules for English based on Latin and didn't bother to pay attention to how people actually use English. Bottom line: whether or not you should end with prepositions is based on what register you're supposed to be in (FML: casual register, no one cares). OP: One problem could be that you're working for the university you graduated from. That's generally not a good idea, just like you shouldn't go to grad school in the same uni you went to undergrad.

#13 - I find it hard to believe that you would completely throw your money away on three Bachelor degrees. If you want to further your education, go to grad school and get something you can actually use. Its highly hypocritical for you to be claiming that OP is bragging about a Bachelor's degree, when you've wasted your time and money on three of them... something to think about

Sounds to me like you should start looking for a new job, my friend. If you don't work in the kitchen then you don't wash dishes. I work in IT, and if someone told me I needed to start sweeping and mopping the floors because all the students are too lazy to wipe their feet after coming in the door I would laugh in their face and tell them "no." Sure, the economy is bad, but it sounds like you just got robbed of a little bit more of your dignity. As for the people who made comments about you having a bachelors degree and being a "freshmen" those people can shut their ignorant mouths, I am sure they aren't in school, or are so out of touch with reality they think the degree is what is going to get you the job. Everyone has a bachelors degree, the only way to get ahead these days is to bust your ass and actually know what you're doing.

get off your high horse. just because you have a degree doesn't mean you're better than anyone else. wash the dishes, and get your head out of your ass.