By aeterne - 08/04/2009 06:08 - United States

Today, my boss informed me that it is now my responsibility to wash the dishes, since my co-workers are consistently too lazy to clean up after themselves. I have a bachelor's degree. Which I earned at the same university I now work at. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 379
You deserved it 6 060

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wtf, that sucks. What's your degree in? You need to go job hunting.

psssh. who doesn't have a bachelor's degree. it sucks to clean up after co-workers regardless of how much education you have.

Comments

So what? If you're the only person in the office who does the dishes, as long as you're not washing out squid guts or something gross, then just wash the dishes and get over yourself. Stumbling through 4 years of undergraduate work, whether you were at Ft. Lauderdale U or Harvard doesn't entitle you to a job where your hands stay clean. I have a Masters Degree. I'm happy to toss a few of my co-workers' coffee cups in when I do my own. Everyone helps out in their own way. And hey, if I get paid hourly on a job, then that's time I'm getting paid for not really working. You're probably the same entitlement asshole I had to teach in Freshman Comp who thought he deserved a good grade because he showed up on test day and handed in store-bought papers for all his essays.

Since when does holding a degree mean your job will never suck again? Perhaps you should rethink what you wanna be when you grow up

Mooshki 0

Unless you work at a restaurant, this should not be part of your job duties. People need to wash their own #*$(@&$ dishes. Slobs.

For some reason..I kinda feel like you shouldn't complain that you have a job. If you want a better one..THEN GET IT O.o

"Which I earned at the same university I now work at." Let me guess, you're a Liberal Arts major, right?

hsmiles 0

Having a degree is irrelevant to this story. Apparently your degree hasn't allowed you to get a decent job where you don't have to wash dishes. Stop being a self-important douce and take what you can get. #33 said it well!

so many things potentially wrong with this: -degrees are so prolific they are now worthless in terms of getting a decent job (i.e. humanities) -your school is worthless as a means to getting a good job and it knows it implicitly -there is something wrong with you in your abilities to get a decent job upon grad (lazy, unimaginative, poor networking and work skills) some combo of the above.

#12 and 33 forgot a couple apostrophes. We don't know where the OP is working, but it sounds like an office job with a kitchen where co-workers litter their dishes. Cut the kid some slack.

Bachelor's is the 'Freshman' of degrees, what do you expect.