By aeterne - 08/04/2009 06:08 - United States

Today, my boss informed me that it is now my responsibility to wash the dishes, since my co-workers are consistently too lazy to clean up after themselves. I have a bachelor's degree. Which I earned at the same university I now work at. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 379
You deserved it 6 060

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wtf, that sucks. What's your degree in? You need to go job hunting.

psssh. who doesn't have a bachelor's degree. it sucks to clean up after co-workers regardless of how much education you have.

Comments

Peoples' degrees don't really matter right now. Be thankful you have a job. Not trying to preach, but my sister is trying to convince herself of the same thing. Her Honors Economics degree=minimum wage cashier right now. No one else is even looking to hire.

Chaith 16

This FML is badly written. This FML is bad and you should feel bad!

I'm sorry. This is going to happen to more people than they realize. I understand people keep harassing you with "Durr, so get another job", but I'm sure you know that there *aren't* any jobs right now. You can't so much as get hired at a Cosi or a Target these days due to hiring freezes. Keep your chin up. The people judging you either got some (cushy or otherwise) job before the economy decided to commit suicide or they're sitting in their dorm judging you on a laptop, both of which their parents paid for. Silver lining? These are the sort of circumstances that make millionaires and billionaires. Your frustration and education will eventually push you to succeed more than you ever would in any other situation. Just keep thinking "Daniel Plainview, Daniel Plainview."

this is what i do when i have to clean up after others... throw it away soon you'll only be cleaning up after yourself.

RevDiesel 0

must be a non-science related degree.

Bachelor degree doesn't mean shit these, more people have em than every before, especially if its a an arts degree. To get a decent job these days you have to get a masters or some kind of grad school

I'm guessing that you DO work in the sciences (Biology or Chemistry) like I do and that the "dishes" are otherwise know as common glassware. If that is the case, you are an ass. Washing glassware is part of the job.

Guessing from your whiney tone you are the lowest paid. Lowest paid do the grunt work. Your boss doesn't want to pay the higher paid people for spending their time doing it. The lowest paid in my lab (she also has a Bachelors) is responsible for the same. If this common aspect of your job is below you then you don't deserve your job. Get over yourself!