By aeterne - 08/04/2009 06:08 - United States

Today, my boss informed me that it is now my responsibility to wash the dishes, since my co-workers are consistently too lazy to clean up after themselves. I have a bachelor's degree. Which I earned at the same university I now work at. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 378
You deserved it 6 060

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wtf, that sucks. What's your degree in? You need to go job hunting.

psssh. who doesn't have a bachelor's degree. it sucks to clean up after co-workers regardless of how much education you have.

Comments

#8 hey hey hey philosophy degrees are not that useless lol. a lot of people go into ethics or law school with philosophy degrees.

sirfuzzitoes 0

How is this an FML? Oh yeah, it's not. Everyday, millions of people in the workforce do things that are not in their job descriptions. It's called 'going above and beyond' and it's the only way you'll ever truly succeed. You've got a job, so stop complaining. I'm also pretty sure that in America, when someone doesn't like their job, they have the freedom to search for a new one. Also, big ups to #6 for catching the OPs stupidity, that's a classic sign of mild mental retardation you know...

kellster 2

I'm sorry, are you bragging about having a bachelor's degree?? Excuse me for laughing, but you do realize that that's not particularly uncommon, right? I'd have three degrees and I'd be happy to have a cushy university job. I'm lucky to get retail, when I'm out of school long enough to warrant needing at job!

ozymandias_fml 0

#12, Following English rules of grammar, as opposed to Latin ones, is a sign of mild mental retardation? I would say that trying to shoehorn the rules of a dead language into your own is a bigger sign.

#6 and #12 are dumb enough not to know what an ellipsis is and bad mouth the OP for using it... Tsc tsc.

#4 - having a bachelor's degree does not make one overqualified to wash dishes. You have to start somewhere - you're not going to get a much-coveted job if you don't have experience, you're going to start with menial labor. Get over it. Last summer I was hired to do administrative work and spent three days just shredding papers.

15 not all the time. my boyfriend has a degree in philosophy with a emphasis in ethics. thats what got him into law school. if you get a philosophy degree and do NOTHING with it then yes, more than likely you will end up teaching. it just depends on what you do with it I guess.

#5 - Many universities have dining halls and thus dish rooms. This could be catering, too, if that uni has it.

So quit your job and look for something better. This is an FML if you work as a professor. It is not an FML if you work in the kitchens. You deserve it. Strive for something better!

Yeah what is it with people? - They claim they can operate a computer, and deserve 100k+ for being able to, but they can't cope with putting cups into a dishwasher, and somehow expect the magic pixies to come and do it for them ?!? And from the way the FML is written - OP was *not* employed to wash dishes - OP has just been given the task because everyone else in the same office/department/faculty/dungeon just dumps their junk and wanders off. #20: So quit your job and look for something better. Have you not seen the unemployment figures lately?