By buggyluv - 30/06/2016 15:50 - United States - Edwardsville

Today, at my new job, a coworker offered to help me mop the floors since she wasn't busy. I ended up getting written up by my boss for supposedly being too lazy and making other people finish my work. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 351
You deserved it 949

Same thing different taste

Top comments

cheshireau 26

I had something similar happen to me. I was helping another staff member collect the trash bags from bins. She said she'd do it and for me to hand her the bags and take the trash. My (now ex) boss came out and accused me of doing no work. The lady stuck up for me and said to me when he walked off that he's going to be difficult with me. She wasn't wrong. Some bosses/managers are assholes on power trips. You can't do anything right in their eyes.

Silly Boss ! Teamwork makes the dream work

Comments

That a slippery slope of a actuation your boss made there.

Silly Boss ! Teamwork makes the dream work

ber4fun 23

If she was helping that would indicate that you were still also mopping too, the boss is either blind or extremely irrational.

oh man, that sucks. thats some bullshit, your boss is a queer.

Offer to help your boss out and then accuse them of being lazy. Sorry op :( I hope things get better at your job.

cheshireau 26

I had something similar happen to me. I was helping another staff member collect the trash bags from bins. She said she'd do it and for me to hand her the bags and take the trash. My (now ex) boss came out and accused me of doing no work. The lady stuck up for me and said to me when he walked off that he's going to be difficult with me. She wasn't wrong. Some bosses/managers are assholes on power trips. You can't do anything right in their eyes.

Did you stop working to let her do it or is your boss just a stupid prick? I mean if you made it look like you weren't working it is partially your fault. If you just have an idiot for a boss then fyl

That's lame to give you a write up on it, but your boss may have been upset that you did give your task to someone else, most likely its an ego thing on their part . The boss told YOU to mop so if you didn't and the boss had to observe someone else doing it for you they will either think youre lazy incompetent or defiant. Not necessarily fair but that's what FML is for. Best of luck

That's horrible! Whenever there's a misunderstanding as such, make sure to correct it! Show up ready to work early tomorrow, even if you don't have anything planned to show that you are in fact NOT lazy, and explain what happened!! No one can turn you down unless they aren't human, and I'm sure that changes for the best will be made. Good luck!

tounces7 27

Your boss is a moron and you'll never be able to please them. I suggest keeping an eye out for a new job just in case.