By Anonymous - 30/03/2013 20:38 - Germany - Bad Windsheim

Today, I went to the supermarket to get some Easter gifts for my kids. At the register, I was verbally abused to the point of tears by the cashier, for having way too many items for the 12 items or less lane. I had 13. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 513
You deserved it 15 643

Same thing different taste

Top comments

theberndttoast 8

Complain to the manager. That's over the line.

Comments

myklknife 6

Um... Seriously? That's smells like justice. I know it sucks but it happens.

What could the cashier possibly say to you that made you break in to tears? Did they know your personal life and trigger a memory of your childhood that made you cry or was it really around the subject that you had one extra item and they told you,"this is one item and less not one item and more, stupid ****" ? To me it sounds like you made yourself a target instead of just sticking up to the cashier and maybe make a fake sob story about how one of your children is in the hospital and that you where in a damn hurry.

That comment is going to sound really bad if OP comes back and mentions that they have an anxiety disorder or are really young.

qualthas 7

YDI. You knew it was an express and you still decided to use it. What did they do to make you cry? Did they bitch at you for 15 minutes with the whole store cheering them on? Toughen up

As many people have said before, sometimes, people mis-count the amount of items they have. OP had ONE item above the limit, they probably mis-counted. Even if they didn't mis-count, it's one item, it would take 2 extra seconds at most.

I am a cashier who normally works express, I get pissed off at over 15 items, you were alright OP,

While it's annoying to the cashier to see someone bring 13 items to a "12 items or less" lane, they have absolutely no business chewing you out over it. A polite reminder to keep your items to 12 or less next time was all that was needed. I work in retail, and I would never have treated a customer that way. *shrug* Sorry OP

What store was this? The cashier needs to be fired immediately.

Even though it was your mistake, the worker had no right to verbally abuse you for it. He/she should have pointed out your mistake and told you to be careful next time. To chew you out is not acceptable and it was definitely not professional on his/her part.

It sucks that this happened to you but as the daughter of a walmart cashier, maybe that cashier got in trouble for letting people with more than 12 items use the express lane or something? Yes, she/he was being rude and should be reprimanded but I don't see the need to have them fired. I'm not condoning what she/he did but my mom once almost got fired because an asshole customer reported her as being rude and unprofessional because she didn't drop everything and go get a milk carton for her. Point is, we don't know the full story. We're hearing one side.

TheCatSniffer 18