By Anonymous - 30/03/2013 20:38 - Germany - Bad Windsheim

Today, I went to the supermarket to get some Easter gifts for my kids. At the register, I was verbally abused to the point of tears by the cashier, for having way too many items for the 12 items or less lane. I had 13. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 513
You deserved it 15 643

Same thing different taste

Top comments

theberndttoast 8

Complain to the manager. That's over the line.

Comments

I hope you took this up with the manager. There's no reason to treat a customer like that. I don't care of you had 48 items, all the cashier should say is "I'm sorry but this lane is reserved for people with 12 or less items." You had 13 most cashiers wouldn't even notice the difference. Someone should be out of a job.

While the cashier overreacted for sure, I ******* hate people who go over the express lane limits. As a cashier, and a customer, it's so frustrating to wait on the asshole who decided rules don't apply to them.

I feel your pain! I want to know what was said. Usually the customers who don't listen to the rules are dramatic too. I make sure I smile at every customer but I've had them go to management over nothing. Some customers are out to complain. Thank god our management understands this. I don't think, even if I told a customer to go f*** themselves, they'd cry. Seems dramatic to me.

I definitely agree with you. Like I said, that cashier might have been overly dick-ish, but someone who was in the wrong in the first place shouldn't play the victim when they get called out.

9lashes 15

Just be glad you didnt have 14! or it would have been physical abuse d:

At least you weren't like the people who have full carts in the express lanes -_-"

I would always check out with her and with 13 items. People need to chill out

stacey_92 12

That is ridiculous, I work at a supermarket and have worked the express line plenty of times. I take costumers all the time that are a couple items over. I never mind especially if they are small items. That cashier had no right to complain that you were one item over never mind to make you cry! I would tell the head manager of the floor and then (if possible) the head store manager. There is no right for that.

olpally 32

No one deserves to get yelled at, especially to the point of tears in a grocery line for having one extra item. My god, show some heart people!

Ooohh yes that one more item is sooo going to kill us all! Oh hell is breaking loose because OP had ONE more item then allowed and its so big so it will take an extra ten minutes to scan of my poor precious life when I really don't have to be anywhere in a hurry I just like to feel like I do.

Sorry op. Hope you stood up for yourself

what the **** happened to customer service!? i don't care what's going on in the cashier's life, it is NEVER acceptable to treat a customer that way! it takes half a ******* second to scan that additional item... anyone that Hell bent on the rules should care about the golden rule of customer service...they come first. care about yourself more and don't take that treatment. also, report that ****...i doubt you're the only poor person they've treated that way.