By Anonymous - 30/03/2013 20:38 - Germany - Bad Windsheim

Today, I went to the supermarket to get some Easter gifts for my kids. At the register, I was verbally abused to the point of tears by the cashier, for having way too many items for the 12 items or less lane. I had 13. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 513
You deserved it 15 643

Same thing different taste

Top comments

theberndttoast 8

Complain to the manager. That's over the line.

Comments

Obey_StudBoii 23

What a bitch. More words had to have been said in order for her to make you cry.

My social studies teacher pointed out that there's too many damn people who hate people and they work in places that involve people. It's quite despicable.

Call the manager. Hopefully that rude cashier will get a kick in the pants for being such a jerk

My thoughts exactly and not trying to be sexist or anything, but a man being made to cry over having too many items for the express lane? Really? My advice: sack up.

Consider yourself lucky. When I was 14 I was helping my mum run her bosses pie shop over the Christmas holidays, the day before the shops shut we ran out of juice and bananas for the shakes and I had to go buy some. A random guy in line literally screamed at me to get out of the express lane and said I should learn to read because he had counted my items in with the lady in front of me. I had 2 items. Maybe if people like you didn't sneak in extra items people wouldn't make these sorts of assumptions. And yes; I cried.

tenfiftynine 12

I highly doubt OP snuck in an extra item. They were shopping for Easter so it's likely it was small. It's not a big deal I it's one over.

tenfiftynine 12

I meant I high doubt OP snuck in an extra item on purpose.

Who cares if it was on purpose or not? My point is he deserved it and next time maybe it would be beneficial to count how many items he had before going to a 12 items or less lane.

I think I would have chucked one item at the cashier and say now I have twelve.

Id like to know what was said.. Maybe your over sensitive. Maybe it's because I work retail, but 12 or less doesn't mean 13 is ok. Follow the rules next time?? Everyone thinks it's JUST THEM getting away with something. But it's not. It gets old having everyone think they deserve to get special treatment.

You mean that extra second it takes to scan and bag their item? Get over yourself. "Oh you think you're soooooo special, making me do all this extra work!"

CharresBarkrey 15

I don't understand this at all. If cashiering is your job, and you're on an express lane register, why the **** do you care if someone went over the limit? What happens after someone comes to you with the exact number of items that your lane is limited for? You start the next person. You're going to be constantly cashiering your whole shift anyway, why does it matter where one customer ends and another begins? It's all the same to you. I can understand customers getting angry, but cashiers have no right. It is literally your job to ring up every item that goes through your lane, regardless is whose it is.

Sounds like you were really caught off guard. Ya gotta ready to take a sucker punch from these assholes or they will steamroll you like this every time. Next time you'll be a little less surprised. Put up your dukes!

Saying "not trying to be sexist" doesn't make your sexist opinion any less sexist, you sexist.

I'm a cashier, and this is beyond messed up. one item over doesn't even make a difference in an order, and it's certainly not a reason to make someone cry. I would file a complaint!