By Anonymous - 30/03/2013 20:38 - Germany - Bad Windsheim

Today, I went to the supermarket to get some Easter gifts for my kids. At the register, I was verbally abused to the point of tears by the cashier, for having way too many items for the 12 items or less lane. I had 13. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 513
You deserved it 15 643

Same thing different taste

Top comments

theberndttoast 8

Complain to the manager. That's over the line.

Comments

You should 've complained to the manager and left the items on the belt if he/she acted that way too, i am sure there are other stores who would want your business.

It's not like crying is a woman-only thing. And some people do get emotional when they're put on the spot or embarrassed in public, especially if the cashier said something rude or nasty about the OP in front of other customers.

advent2060 4

Maybe u shud learn to read, if u dnt want to get bitched at then don't go over the item limit, no I'm not being sarcastic, I'm serious, I'm a cashier and I can't stand crap like that. Not that I'd try to make some one cry but I'd definitely let them know they screwed up.

The phrase "maybe u shud learn to read" amuses me greatly.

BeautyMonster 17

If you let me know that "I screwed up" over one item while you were checking me out, I would complain since you'd be the one screwing up over being an asshole with poor customer service.

CharresBarkrey 15

22 year old cashier? Maybe YOU should learn how to read. Might get you out of that cashiering job.

You sound a little too serious, cashier cop. Maybe turn in your apron and your scanner, take some time off. You sound like you've been on the front line too long.

Verbally abused to the point of tears? I hope she was fired, that bitch. It's not her place to enforce it, its up to management to enforce that rule. It would have taken her less time to scan it than to bitch you out. Because of this, most supermarkets now say "around 15 items" etc.

I would have went off on her and told the manager !!

if Thats all it takes to break someone, they have more issues than an extra ******* item....

thepieguyisi 4

You're a whiney little bitch, and I don't believe this for a second. I know your type. Kill yourself.

I side with the cashier here. This whole world is full of "special" pricks who do not have an understanding of rules and their place in society. The bastard who comes in the store seconds before closing time, the jackass in the drivethru who can't understand that they stop serving breakfast at 10:30 and no they are not going to make him French toast sticks, the ******* stooge parked in the handicapped spot ... just for a minute, all the same. When you get called out for your boorish and inconsiderate behavior you act as if though you are a ******* victim. The victim is me. Behind you in line when you take your 13 items with no price tag through the express lane, then break out your coupons and pennies, the wheelchair bound man who has to climb out the hatch of his SUV because the handicapped spots are taken. All of you people who side with op need to get over your feelings of entitlement and join the ranks of responsible and considerate citizens.

BeautyMonster 17

I'm a cashier. I deal with people checking out with two carts full of items when the store is closing all the time. I see assholes park on handicap spots all the time. I deal with assholes in retail every single day. But to compare having ONE item over limit to all those things? For ***** sake, get over yourself. One item literally takes less than a second.

Scenario, op is back at that grocery with 14 items. Will he make that mistake again? I think not. He received an education in either manners or literacy.

fylx100 19

I wouldn't date a guy who never cries. It shows that they're a heartless ****, or that they hide their feelings.