The cat's out of the bag

By Anonymous - 26/03/2024 14:00 - United States - Milwaukee

Today, I was shopping with my husband. At the self-checkout, one of the items I was buying for him as a gift didn’t register. As we were walking out, I get stopped and escorted to the loss prevention office, where I was accused of stealing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 282
You deserved it 342

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You knew it didn't register. I know when stuff doesn't register so I do it again and again or call the attendant over. Just call it what it is. You got caught stealing.

So did you, or did you not, know the item did not scan as you were leaving?

Comments

You knew it didn't register. I know when stuff doesn't register so I do it again and again or call the attendant over. Just call it what it is. You got caught stealing.

OP isn't paid enough to a check-out clerk's job properly. Any store big enough to have a self-checkout is big enough to cover loss anyway.

tiptoppc 19

To be fair, walmart is in the news for pulling this crap and people are even getting accused of stealing even though it did scan with walmart claiming they stole stuff, while having police show up to arrest them while at their home. This could be the case of walmart accusing them after they paid, claiming they didn’t. More info is needed but this post could be judged either way without more information.

So did you, or did you not, know the item did not scan as you were leaving?

I stole and was accused of stealing! oh no! **** my life!

There are self-checkout attendants to help with that. Just because it doesn't ring up doesn't mean you don't have to pay for it.