By Anonymous - 30/03/2013 20:38 - Germany - Bad Windsheim

Today, I went to the supermarket to get some Easter gifts for my kids. At the register, I was verbally abused to the point of tears by the cashier, for having way too many items for the 12 items or less lane. I had 13. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 513
You deserved it 15 643

Same thing different taste

Top comments

theberndttoast 8

Complain to the manager. That's over the line.

Comments

171- I kinda hate to admit this, but depending on what the cashier actually said, I might tear up a little. :p But most of that I'm convinced is from my wife's pregnancy, I get a lot of her symptoms, including crying, cravings and morning sickness. :p The point? Just as stated by others, we don't know Op's past history or current state of mind. Makes it hard to judge or laugh at him for it. :p

I cry when I'm frustrated. When I was younger, if there was ever a situation where more than a few people were looking at me, I hated it. If the situation involved me being bitched out in public over one small thing, I'd probably have teared up a bit so I don't blame OP at all. Some people cry out of embarrassment, especially in public places. Sometimes you're just having a bad day and the smallest thing can set you off. I've cried at the dumbest shit once or twice. OP could have had a stressful day and be feeling a little emotional.

How hard is it to scan one extra item? You slide it till you hear a boop, then you put it in the bag. Sounds much harder to yell at someone to the point of tears. You'd think the cashier complaining about the extra item is the one wanting an easier time. And to the cashiers here, it's not like you have a customer quota you have to fill. Whether you're scanning that extra item or starting to scan the next customer's items, you'll be there until your shift's done anyways. Might as well smile and deal with the guy who is one over, because it's not gonna truly matter at the end of the day unless you let it.

EXACTLY! When I was a cashier I had all sorts come through my line and it only takes a couple of minutes to ring someone up. Usually I could scan about 70-80 items a minute on a good day.

When the cashier gets their ass chewed by the people in line behind op, people who can count and follow rules. They get pissed when whiny bitches like op get special treatment.

who makes a big deal over being one item over the limit? i would have kicked their ass but then of course my handsome self would go to jail

Get the manager and have that person fired!

BugzBunni 1

The max here is seven items, but cashier never bother about a few items more or a few less..

ashleymendoza24 4

Why so many YDI's!???We know we have all done this too and there was no reason for the cashier to act like that!

...You do know 13 is more than 12, right?