By LimpMcgee - 07/02/2011 02:36 - United States

Today, I went to go use an automatic cart in Walmart because I broke my hip in January. They were all being used by morbidly obese people throughout the store. I asked a manager if she could get me one, but apparently their weight issues are more impeding than my broken hip. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 148
You deserved it 3 649

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's happened to me before. Right after I got out of the hospital from surgery I had to wait after some fat ass who needed a motorized cart. People like that seriously don't give a shit. They looked at me and saw that I was probably more able to walk because I didn't have 300lbs hanging over my body.

Why do fat people need motorized carts? Can't they just like, roll?

Comments

maybe the fat people have some other medical condition that causes them to be handicapped.

Peasanthunter_fml 0

I work at a grocery store and I know what you are talking about. There are waaaay to many fat and/or lazy people that abuse the motorized carts. It pisses me off to no end. I understand the employee not kicking one of the fatties out of a cart. It can create a bad situation.

Yeah like they might eat the employee. That wouldn't look too good on the reports????

the average serving size has tripled in America. so, a blueberry muffin forty years ago is 3 times smaller than those huge ones you buy. also plates have an extra inch or two added across. that's why we're fat people

Many people with arthritis gain weight because they can't exercise. You will also when that hip needs replaced. Some young know-it-all will think you are a fat ass also.

abasio 1

Just remember: they're closer to the grave than you. Pity them, don't hate them.

another reason fat people should be expelled from society.

Okay, I work at Wal Mart and I can tell you that... we are not allowed to discriminate or tell someone that they cannot use an electro cart. If they feel that they have to use it then we have no choice but to give it to them. So they could be morbidly obese, slightly obese, or whatever the problem they believe they have and we have no say in the matter. Yeah we see older people that can barely walk, some that need two canes just to get around, some with one leg, some with casts, we see it all and all we can say is, we're sorry but the carts are being used up. So as far as blaming wal mart for "enabling" the fat people to continue to be lazy in their shopping isn't our fault. Because some of them are legit hurting and can't walk that well. And it isn't just because of their obesity but because of their knees that happened to them before. Or they have hip issues. I mean I'm not fat, I'm not overweight but I'm not going to label every fat person I see as lazy. There is a reason and a story behind each and every person. Some of them can help it, some of them can't help it. And you won't know the truth until they themselves tell you what happened. But again... to blame wal mart for allowing these people to use the carts instead of the disabled is not right. Because if we start saying that these certain people cannot use the cart... discrimination suits will be coming and demanding money for their treatment. So don't jump down on the people or the place. No matter how bad you want to because there are times I really want to. And it sucks that we can't.

JaymeKristeen 0

Okay, I work at Target and I can tell you no one read anywhere past the first sentence.

Target sucks! They close lanes in front of people for no reason. No, I was not behind a 'lane closed' sign, they just said, "I'm closed, go elsewhere," so I dropped everything and walked out. The bitch was sitting outside smoking.