By LimpMcgee - 07/02/2011 02:36 - United States

Today, I went to go use an automatic cart in Walmart because I broke my hip in January. They were all being used by morbidly obese people throughout the store. I asked a manager if she could get me one, but apparently their weight issues are more impeding than my broken hip. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 148
You deserved it 3 649

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's happened to me before. Right after I got out of the hospital from surgery I had to wait after some fat ass who needed a motorized cart. People like that seriously don't give a shit. They looked at me and saw that I was probably more able to walk because I didn't have 300lbs hanging over my body.

Why do fat people need motorized carts? Can't they just like, roll?

Comments

RKD 23

I have been on all sides and all over this issue! Used to work at Wal-mart so had to deal with people wanting the carts that were, yes, mostly morbidly obese, for whatever reason. Then I used to be morbidly obese but lost most of it through diet and exercise. So now as a skinnier ex-Wal-mart employee, ex-morbidly obese person, I can say that most people could control it if they really wanted to! And, yes, the sense of entitlement by most of these people would make you hurl!

Fat people eat a lot, and therefore are better customers.

skyeyez9 24

This happened to me when I had ACL reconstruction surgery. All the motor carts were taken by morbidly obese people. Their baskets piled with junk food.

Those who are defending the fatties, its not a "thyroid issue" if their carts are filled with junk food and other crap while in line at the McD's in the store for their two big macs and large fries and large shake. Most of the fatties I see on the carts have junk food in their basket. NOT a thyroid issue. I DO know some who do have hip issues, etc, but they are in no way using a motorized cart at the store, they are WALKING around the store. And if you eat healthy, whether you work out or not, WILL help you lose the weight. I did it by eating right, watching the nutrition panels, looking at the serving size, and lost 40 lbs, went from a size 20 to a size 12, without working out!!! So it CAN be done, even those who "just can't work out" for whatever reason. Put down your spoon, stop buying tons of junk food, buy healthier foods, and only snack IN MODERATION. I'm ready to pop (pregnant) and have been tempted to use those motorized carts, but 9/10 times they are all taken up by fatties. I have to lean against the regular cart while shopping, and whenever I see a spot to sit, I sit down for a few till my energy comes back. If I'd have the motorized cart, it'd be a lot better as I'd have a seat to hang out in while shopping.

If a person's hungry, they're damn well allowed to eat. Who are you to say they need to stop snacking? They can snack whenever they want; if they want to lose the weight, they need to eat healthier snacks.

sorry, #135 -- i have to agree with #151. it most definitely *is* about the content of your meals -- to include snacks. you can snack whenever you're hungry -- but as long as it's healthy. in fact, it can prove beneficial. but everything has a limit! |the kid|

Iknoweverything 29

As someone who was obese, I will say that it's NOT *always* the person's fault they gained weight. My weight gain came from eighteen pills for a non-existent condition. (Always question your doctors folks.) Also, I would like to mention that when you get fat, it's hard to walk, it's hard to breathe, and your feet always hurt. So for those who are pissed, you have to understand that much. HOWEVER... I lost most of my weight. By walking. I would've loved to take a scooter, but I didn't want to be seen like those fat-asses. So while trying to offer an alternative perspective, I also agree with everyone else, that fat people tend to be lazy. At least the ones on scooters, the ones that walk at least put in an effort.

sallen0046 4

I can empathize, but I don't understand what you expected Walmart to do. Did you think they'd run down an obese individual, knock them out of the scooter, and bring it back to you? I'd suggest since most Walmarts are 24 hours, that you go later in the evening when it's less likely the scooters will all be in use.

As Someone who is overweight I wouldn't use those carts and to all the people on here saying how fat people are so lazy I've seen just as many people who we're thin be just as lazy.

ihearticarly 0

Screw all you people saying "put down the spoon, fattie, then you'll lose weight". I for one don't use those carts simply BECAUSE I am overweight. That would probably be my lowest point in life if I was that lazy and overweight. I can't comprehend the fact that some people have just chosen to give up on themselves so easily. I am overweight but it's because of my thyroid. I actually LOST over 80 lbs in 2007 because I was just started on thyroid medicine to boost my metabolism. However, 4 years later... and almost an extra 125 MCG of synthroid later and very very very high tolerance to the meds...here I am fat as shit and even more depressed and "unmotivated" than before. It's devastating to go from 245lbs to 150lbs and then right back up to 240+!! To those of you who have never been overweight in your entire life you have no idea what it's like. Every day is struggle! Sometimes people won't even look at you or take anything you have to say seriously just because you're overweight! Ya know when I usually have enough energy or motivation or I'm just feeling great about myself and I WANT to work out because I know it feels good when I'm done... I just won't because I'm too embarrassed to leave my house and even attempt to exercise because of all you anorexic bitches( how you like that by the way...) that call fat people names. If you truly care about those who are overweight why don't you shut the hell up with the names and try a more positive approach!!! P.S - If you're still in High School... as stupid and lame as it may be actually participate in gym class!! It worked for me years ago.

Being afraid of getting made fun of is a dumb excuse to avoid working out. I know that not all gyms are the same, but at my university's rec center people don't really approach one another to try and make fun of them, everyone just does their own things and keeps to themselves. That's kind of the point of going to the gym in the first place-to focus on yourself and your own exercises, not to socialize or gossip. Even if people do give you a hard time, they should be shut up pretty quickly by the fact that even though you are overweight, at least you are doing something about it. Instead, by allowing what other people say/think effect whether or not you exercise, you are almost justifying their mockery. After all, being too embarrassed to leave the house won't help you to attempt to lose weight, but working out would actually do something for you. I can only speak for myself, but when I am at the gym and I see someone who is overweight and working out, I'm not inclined to feel disgusted by them or to want to give them a hard time for their weight. Instead, I have more respect for them because even though they are overweight, whether it is through unfortunate circumstances or poor self maintenance, they are doing something to try to take control of the situation rather than allowing their weight to control their life and well-being. I never just assume that when I see a larger person at the gym they are "out of shape" or lazy. The last time I went, there was an overweight girl working out next to me doing exercises that I could not do and lifting way more weight than I ever could. It was impressive.

I'm so sick of fat people using their thyroids as a damn excuse. You CAN lose weight, so quit making excuses and go join a damn gym.

sovetskiy 8