By LimpMcgee - 07/02/2011 02:36 - United States

Today, I went to go use an automatic cart in Walmart because I broke my hip in January. They were all being used by morbidly obese people throughout the store. I asked a manager if she could get me one, but apparently their weight issues are more impeding than my broken hip. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 148
You deserved it 3 649

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's happened to me before. Right after I got out of the hospital from surgery I had to wait after some fat ass who needed a motorized cart. People like that seriously don't give a shit. They looked at me and saw that I was probably more able to walk because I didn't have 300lbs hanging over my body.

Why do fat people need motorized carts? Can't they just like, roll?

Comments

katelove 0

Well, I do agree that the workers couldn't do much about it ... people will cry discrimination at just about everything. But yeah, FYL ... I hate fat asses who try blaming "health issues" when you know they got that way from eating 5,000calories a day.

same thing happened to me with my torn ACL. Had to get something from wal Mary the day after surgery and was in a lot of pain.

djewel6 0

I feel your pain. I've got a messed up back from falling down stairs at home and soon going to have surgery but couldn't find one the other day myself and had to walk like a little old man to pharmacy to get something while some 500lb POS is flying around the store because they are too lazy to walk.

been there done that had knee replaced & was or crutches but some lazy ass whale thought she should be able to travel from gossip group to gossip group instead of letting a disabled person used it

Kg317 18

I think anyone over 300 pounds should be forced to walk everywhere they go so they can lose some weight

Everytime I see some fat person waiting 20 mins for the parking space closest to the store, I always point out how they'd be better off parking wayyyy in the back so they can get some exercise in.

ihearticarly 0

Dude. I hate that shit too! It's like REAALLLYYY?? How stupid are people that they don't understand that just because it's closer doesn't mean they're gonna get in and out of the store any faster! It's like if you park those 4 or 5 spots down in the empty space you'll park much quicker and get everything done faster even if it's just by a couple of minutes! I may be overweight but I would never do that to myself because I know there are some people out there who have never walked a day in their lives because of missing limbs or birth problems and that's the ONLY THING in the world that those people ever truly wanted and their dream may never come true! It's pretty selfish that there are those people out there who do everything in their power not to have to walk anywhere when there are children who will NEVER be able to walk or do regular kid things like play tag or ride a bike or jump on a trampoline. All the while some fat ass lady is using a hover round to go feed her cats or scooting herself to the kitchen to make something to eat!

well, see, while that sucks for you, they can't just ask someone to give up their cart for you when they apparently need one, too.

You will change your tune when your broken hip causes you to become less mobile and therefore, gain a shit-load of weight. You will be morbidly obese, and as your fat ass scoots around in one of those carts, you will glimpse a young, fit person with a broken leg who thinks you are in the cart because of your fatness. They won't even consider that maybe, just maybe, your fatness is a result of a debilitating injury. And then I will laugh.

I'm not defending all fat people because I know that a lot of them are to blame, but you all need to at least accept that not all of them are. My mom is overweight and has been for a few years now because she needs total knee replacement in both of her knees due to terrible arthritis so she can hardly walk. And no matter what any of you say, just watching what you eat won't keep you skinny if you don't exercise. I see my mom in agony almost every day because she forces herself to walk instead of riding in a cart and she does that precisely because of people like you. She knows she needs the cart but she also knows she's overweight and that if she uses the cart people will assume it's because of her added weight. My mother is one of the most amazing people I know and she has to live with all the stereotypes of being fat that people like you put on her. Just because they're riding a cart and happen to be fat doesn't mean automatically that they're doing it only because they're fat. Fat people are just as likely to have leg problems as you are and if leg problems let you ride in a cart why is it a crime for them to use one instead of walking around in agony?

I lost 40 lbs by watching what I eat and NOT WORKING OUT. I went from a size 20 to a size 12 in no time by not working out but by watching what I eat. So eating right without working out WILL HELP.

Are there some people who are extremely overweight because they have a medical condition that makes them that way? Yes. Is is just a big magical coincidence that America has the most obese people, and also produces the most waste out of any other country and has a fast food restaurant every thirty ******* feet? No. Some people have real issues with weight, but there is no goddamn way that every 300 pound woman in line at McDonald's has a thyroid issue. I'm all for people being bale to feel comfortable and confident with however their body shape is and am completely against the media driven push towards absolute thinness, but give me a ******* break. I spent a summer doing overseas volunteer work when I was in college. I saw malnourished children every day, people trying to live off of the most meager of foods. In the airport on my way home while waiting to get on my next flight, I hear an extremely overweight woman SCREAMING at some poor high school chick at Burger King because she ordered large fries and got a medium in her bag. If you seriously think that your life is so unfair because people judge you for weighing 500 pounds, you can seriously go **** yourself, because you have no idea how lucky you are to have the things available to you that you do. If you're overweight because you don't have the discipline to put the fork down and walk around the block a few times then you deserve the five heart attacks that you'll have before you turn 40, and shame on you for pretending you are a victim of anything. Don't even get me started on shitty parents who stuff frozen dinners down your kids faces every night and make your eight year old weigh 120 pounds. You should have your kids taken away from you by social services.

katelove 0

Just a note .. Australia actually has the most fat people, the US is "only" second. Ha ha >