By LimpMcgee - 07/02/2011 02:36 - United States

Today, I went to go use an automatic cart in Walmart because I broke my hip in January. They were all being used by morbidly obese people throughout the store. I asked a manager if she could get me one, but apparently their weight issues are more impeding than my broken hip. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 148
You deserved it 3 649

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's happened to me before. Right after I got out of the hospital from surgery I had to wait after some fat ass who needed a motorized cart. People like that seriously don't give a shit. They looked at me and saw that I was probably more able to walk because I didn't have 300lbs hanging over my body.

Why do fat people need motorized carts? Can't they just like, roll?

Comments

My dad had his entire thyroid removed due to a condition and he is not overweight.

I said it before and I'll say it again, to use those carts I think you should have some special sign out thing at walmart and only people with a valid health issue can use them not just because they're too fat & unfit to walk across the store it's pathetic

I broke my hip when I was 13. 36 years later, I had a hip replacement--which I should have had 10 years earlier. "I appeared too young for a replacement." I had trouble walking, was in constant pain & my limited activity packed on the pounds. I worked full time, but life become limited outside of work. I hated using those carts. I hated how judgmental people are. the weight is coming off as my ability to be active improves. Give your hip time & you will be the "fatty" in the motorized cart.

meeba 2

FYL stupid fatties, what if they break them...?

meeba 2

you overweight people dont know what is like 2 be underweight :( I can barely even lift 30 pounds...

Sadly, Walmart, nor any other retail or other company, can legally ask a person to get off of a power kart unless they are violating policies (such as exceeding the weight limit on them). If they do, they will be open to a huge lawsuit. I've only once seen someone asked to get off of one. Before they did, their fatness had already broken two of the wheels.

IMO, there are Fat people and their are Obese people. Obese people have a condition that makes it easy to gain weight and/or hard to lose weight. A Fat person is someone who eats their way into the party ball shape. I have respect and sympathy for Obese people. Fat people get laughed at.

legendary242 5
JaymeKristeen 0

If I lived in the southern states.... That's a lotta good food... I wouldn't mind being fat. But no, I live in California and fat people scare the shit outta me. Whoohoo for crazy stupid diet plans and over extensive workouts! ... Just thought I'd roll along with the stereo types... Go Anorexia and Bulimea!