By Fresca11 - 29/06/2011 00:51 - United States

Today, I was having dinner with my boyfriend. We'd just got our food when my dad walks in, comes up to our table and says, "I didn't say you could leave, you're too young to be dating him", then drags me out of the restaurant. We are both 15, and it was my first date. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 508
You deserved it 14 052

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Make up your mind - was he your boyfriend or was it your first date?

MidnightBlossom 2

Ahhh, young love and first dates.

Comments

skrillex99 0

man, if I was the dude u were dating I would be bummed

Millman_fml 9

Wow that sucks, FYL. if I was your bf/date I would be mad...your dad needs to chill

Her dad doesn't need to "chill". She obviously didn't even ask if she could leave. I hope that taught her a lesson so that she doesn't do it again. Her dad is looking out for her. He seems like a better father than a lot of other teens have. I guess this generation just feels they're entitled to everything. Or maybe your parents just let you do whatever you want at 14 years old. Maybe one day in the future you'll see what I'm trying to say.

sourgirl101 28

Aww memories! I was 15 also and my husband was 18 when we first dated. And yes, he was my "boyfriend" before we went on our "first" official date. (I also had strict parents and could not go out alone) Why is it so hard for people to picture? Kids go to school together and determine if they consider the other person their boy/girl friend. (:

you're ******' young listen to your dad

flakitaa22 0

I think what made it worse was that I was 14, and he was 17 xP

bnwranbo 2

My current boyfriend and I started dating when I was 14 and he was 17. Today we've been dating for almost 3 years, both of my parents love him & his love me. We were actually just talking yesterday about how absurd it sounds that we started dating at those ages, especially with that gap. But, it worked :)

you dont "date" at 15. 17 id the official age where relationships start. sorry.

Where is this official age stated exactly?

Kastra is officially the official who officially decided when relationships may officially start. I don't remember voting for you.

angiedancesalott 8
Flutist 3

If you father told you no and you went out despite that, you deserve what you got. Embarrassment is the least of your concerns. You are too young to be dating someone if you father says you are. 18 and you can have sex with fifteen guys if you want but at 15 legally he controls your life.

yes but there comes a point where parents need to start backing off and her dad didnt so she did what she thought was right Its dinner people they're not gonna do much more then kissing, if that, chill out FYL

Flutist 3

No, actually the dad did the right thing because unless its abuse (hitting, starving her) then he can decide to take her out of a date at any point. It might not make him popular but it is his money feeding and keeping her safe and his house she lives in so it is his right to say who she can and cannot hang out with. Take this before a judge and he will side with the child. "I am in love with him," is not an excuse because this was their first date. When she is 18 then she is allowed to do as she pleases but this is not an argument because her father is the parent and decided this was what he was going to do and it is the right, fair thing in his mind. And no, it's not just dinner. She snuck out without permission then she deserves to be punished.

Flutist 3

*will not side with the child.... forgot a word there.

...and how the hell did stalkerdad know where you were eating?

HeaRTs_Girl 0

Okay, my comments ended up in weird ******* places, so I'm sorry to the people they "replied" to, I'm not trying to chew y'all out.