149
By eyelashess - / Wednesday 29 June 2011 04:10 / United States
Add a comment
You must be logged in to be able to post comments!
Create my account Sign in
Top comments
Comments
Reply
  VenomSiphon  |  13

YDI for not ignoring it and hitting it until it turns off like normal people.

Reply
  liquidfireKAN  |  0

58 how could you possibly know that OP complains too much? seeing as this is probably OPs first FML. OP is obviously pissed because his/her life was not in danger but she was forced to stand I'm the rain. I'm pretty sure that the alarm makes two different noises and OPs mom didn't know the difference. That's why OP is pissed so don't act like you would be all happy about it if it happened to you.

Reply

64 you just sound like a little bitch because her mom clearly does not know the "noises" and so she's just trying to be a good mother by keeping her daughter safe. 20 minutes of rain? big whoop. grow a pair.

Reply
  smmrgrl  |  0

oh gosh.. to all the people calling op a whiny bitch, calm yourselves. op was just trying to get something on fml. most of the ops are. they find a story, they put it up. otherwise there would be no fml. so y'all need to stop complaining about this "ungrateful generation" -_____-""

Reply
  grafixxx687  |  0

that was really caring of the mother..she potentially risked her own life by staying inside the house to see what was wrong...had there been a carbon monoxide leak..it cud have been fatal but she wud have saved her daughters life..be thankful to God u have such a selfless mother n stop complaining about harmless rain u spoilt brat!!!!!

Reply
  julieanne719  |  0

And if it's never gone off they probably wouldn't recognize it, and it would be better to get their child out of the house until they knew then wait and see if they die or not.

By  marinus_fml  |  19

Too many negative votes, comment buried. Show the comment

Reply

If you have a gas fire or a gas cooker you need a carbon monoxide detector. About 10 years ago I didn't have one and I got carbon monoxide poisoning cos my gas fire was leaking it. Better safe than sorry cos carbon monoxide doesn't have a smell like gas does

Reply
  marinus_fml  |  19

Refer to my reply to the guy under this post.

Reply

Do you seriously believe carbon monoxide only comes from cars or factories? You should read a book before you open your mouth, trying to make OP look dumb, because you look like an idiot right now. CO can come from combustion in which there is not enough oxygen to produce CO2... such as a stove. Please go take a chemistry class before you try to pretend you know everything.

By  beezydabeezy  |  0

Carbon monoxide can actually come from things like generators and pressure washers too... it can be emitted from burning wood, charcoal, coal, etc. Get ur facts straight before u criticize! Carbon monoxide is a big deal, and it's best to cover all ur bases like OP's parents did!

Reply
  marinus_fml  |  19

No idiot. did you do chemistry at school? burning wood does not produce carbon monoxide. It produces carbon dioxide. The only time burning organic matter produces carbon monoxide is if it's burnt with a lack of oxygen. So a open fire will not produce carbon monoxide. Burning charcoal does not produce carbon monoxide unless burnt in a lack of oxygen either. ( Not enough oxygen molecules available to fully produce dioxide) Burning fuel (cars, generators etc does produce carbon monoxide! and so generator does fall under the category of vehicle because it combusts fuel) Maybe you shoul have done chemistry at school bro

Reply

Before you call people idiots it might help to get your facts straight. In a perfect textbook situation you are (partly) right. But in practice almost every fire produces small amounts of carbon monoxide simply because no fire burns perfectly. Poor ventilation around a fire quickly makes the percentage of carbon monoxide rise thus creating a dangerous situation. So when burning things (any type of fuel) inside a detector is useful.

Reply
  marinus_fml  |  19

Ok so you agree it's safe to say that an outdoor fire will produce next to no CO, and if there was an outdoor fire, there is no point in going outside, and if it was an indoor fire in a fire place like ours, with a glass door, the fumes go out the chimney anyway. Unless it was a open fire (no door) there could be CO produced, but who has a fire on in the summer (OP is from US.)

Reply
  marinus_fml  |  19

Pendatik I understand what you're saying. To be honest I have never heard of CO detectors available on the market here in AUS. I know the mines and so on use them. We only have smoke detectors here for households use.

Reply
  dre_bro11  |  12

Just to back marinus, I live in Australia too and have never heard of them either, so the fact the he doesn't know too much about them isn't really his fault, it's just that they mustn't be too popular here. Sounds like a good device though.

Reply
  nfc14  |  2

Docbastard - You have them to avoid litigation as punitives are more likely to destroy companies and lives than carbon emissions are. As a side note your profile states you may hate people for commenting on pictures, yet, you may comment because you just hate their face. Isn't that commenting on a pictute?

Reply
  Zebidee  |  8

Just because you've never heard of something, or have never seen it in action is absolutely no excuse to call bullshit on it in a global forum without checking your facts. I'd have expected better of an Australian - we're on the wrong end of that crap often enough to not do it ourselves.

By  BWill9014  |  4

Wow OP, you're right... how inconsiderate of your mother to not take what could of been crucial minutes for your life and hers to check if the battery was just low... OP, stfu and be glad you have a mother that understands when that alarm goes off you get out the house for your lives sake...

Reply

Your sarcasm is unattractive.

Reply

#59, I'm going to guess that she didn't realize that it was low batteries, and was trying to find the source of the gas leak? Which raises even further questions on what she thought it looked like...

Loading data…