By edhalen - 23/04/2009 07:47 - United States

Today, I pulled over to help a girl with her car. I thought my limited mechanic skills would help look like a hero. She only needed her coolant cap unscrewed. With top down, shirt off, I was confident as I got out of my car. 10 minutes later I left because I couldn't unscrew the f***ing thing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 968
You deserved it 64 324

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You took your shirt off to help a girl with her car? Or was it already off? Why? Oh you were riding in your convertible. Still....why?

Comments

dspadres 0

I'm guessing you also have trouble getting into a bottle of Tylenol?

Maybe the coolant wanted to keep its top on in front of a lady. #8--another hat off to you for a pun...or if your this douche of an OP top off to you.

haha you tool. (a not so useful one in the end, mind you)

LeftHanded_fml 0

Most any guy that isn't fat and out of shape probably would have done the same thing if he saw a hot girl who needed help with their car. Maybe it's a hot day and he really didn't know exactly what she needed to he took his shirt off to impress her. too bad you couldn't do anything to help out.

ouch #28... oh well - at least you took a chance, even though you failed miserably and embarrassed yourself. :)

The heat of the coolant raises the internal pressure, thats why you couldn't get the cap off. You should have a) known that from the beginning and b) waited a bit and chatted her up, offered her a ride to get more coolant or something

PS: considering this situation, I also suppose you try and twist off pry top beer bottles to impress women?

Agree with #13 and #30 The point of not getting the cap off wasn't due to your strength, it has everything to do with pressure inside and the temp of the coolant. If the car is having issues I'm sure the coolant temp was probably at or above boiling (of water - 212 degrees). Good thing you didn't get the cap off because you'd have 3rd degree burns based on the fact you didn't know that basic mechanical knowledge. Next time ask her what happened and if it's 'overheated' leave the hood up to cool off and take her to get more anti-freeze and water (need to mix 50/50 solution - not straight anti-freeze). Then use your top you took off to look cool (this is the point you'd take your shirt off) and put it around the cap so if it does spray it's going into your shirt and not all over. YDI for lacking basic mechanical knowledge. Hell I didn't even know until I built my 1997 VW Golf from the ground up.

Something tells me a guy who cruises around without a shirt is just asking to be made a fool. YDI. Seriously. Put a shirt on, nobody wants to see it.

you decided to be a show-off and this is what you get - if it was easy to screw off the top im sure she would have just done it herself.