You OK, hun?

By Anonymous - 20/03/2023 22:00

Today, my husband asked what I’d done all day. I took it as a criticism and was about to chew his head off about not appreciating all I do, when I took a look at myself still in pyjamas, the filthy house, dirty plates, and unwashed laundry and realised I’ve done fuck all for weeks. I’m a bad wife. FML
I agree, your life sucks 307
You deserved it 1 600

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TeaTimeAbyss 20

Is there a chance you're not doing so great emotionally/mentally? It matters to take care of your environment, but also take care of yourself.

I don’t think you’re a bad wife. I think you need help. Just the impression I get off this snapshot, but you sound like you’re exhausted and overworked and about to snap.

Comments

TeaTimeAbyss 20

Is there a chance you're not doing so great emotionally/mentally? It matters to take care of your environment, but also take care of yourself.

You're not a bad wife. He's a bad husband. Does he do anything towards the household you *both* share? Does he expect you to do all of the housework? Has he even asked if you're okay? That entitled, judgmental ass can look after his own damn messes, dishes, and laundry.

He just asked her how her day went. OP admits she took it as a criticism (meaning that she realises it probably wasn't). There's absolutely nothing in the FML to suggest he's any of the things you're complaining about.

It's possible, but the way she said how he asked "What did you do all day?" is usually passive-aggressive. If all the chores are piling up, OP didn't mention that he was doing any of them or if he even checked in with her mental health status. More information from OP would be appreciated.

I don’t think you’re a bad wife. I think you need help. Just the impression I get off this snapshot, but you sound like you’re exhausted and overworked and about to snap.

This sounds like depression. Do you need some professional help? Getting help if you need it can be better for you and your family.

There is some information missing : do you work ? Part/full time? If yes, the housework should be split between you and your husband. And even if you are a housewife, your physical or mental health would sadly be a good reason for underperforming lately. If that is the case, please seek professionnal help.

PJs for the win! Those are my most productive days -- with dirty dishes and piles of laundry. I have better things to neasure my worth with than whether the dishes are done.

Everyone needs me time just tell him lots of self care.

Pink_Turnips 14

its great that you can look in the mirror and admit this to yourself, now work on getting out of that funk you're in... we all go thru it

I've been there. you're not a shit wife. life got hard or some need isn't being met how it was before. I believe in you to get through this! trust yourself and also reach out for help. even a friend who doesn't mind to come over and clean or chat for a bit. maybe even therapy if it's deeper than just a social need

The fact that you can admit that is the first step to improvement. Don't settle for being a lousy wife. First look at your life and assess your own well-being. You can't draw water from an empty well. Second find ways to improve his life and expect the same from him. If you are both worried more about the other person then you will both be taken care of. Do things like waking up at the same time and getting ready for the day early and don't be on your phone too much(phone use is linked to depression).