By edhalen - 23/04/2009 07:47 - United States

Today, I pulled over to help a girl with her car. I thought my limited mechanic skills would help look like a hero. She only needed her coolant cap unscrewed. With top down, shirt off, I was confident as I got out of my car. 10 minutes later I left because I couldn't unscrew the f***ing thing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 968
You deserved it 64 324

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You took your shirt off to help a girl with her car? Or was it already off? Why? Oh you were riding in your convertible. Still....why?

Comments

noName123456 0
Theos_fml 0

Good Plan #32 #66-you do not beat something with a wrench to get it to loosen up. That could break it and that would be a bad thing! #73-maybe that was someone else. Only one girl was mentioned, and people have car problems all the time. How can we know you were the girl? There's no proof. (sorry if I sound a little rude) Coolant caps are tight because coolant absorbs heat and increases in pressure. Just a small increase in pressure makes it a lot harder seeing as the cap doesn't have much space to move and reduce pressure* It was never mentioned whose shirt was off* Good mechanics use logic and know a bit about physics (even if they never did good in school)* It should come off when you turn it counter-clockwise* You must increase the pressure on the outside to make it equal to the pressure inside to facilitate the unscrewing of the cap-lean on it fatty* #8 made a good pun*

@#63: Ya he obviously had good intentions. Enjoy being treated like an object by tools.

Yeah, if the car was hot and had fluid, you could have gotten your shirtless chest covered in burn, then you'd be a complete douche.

I was going to comment but #80 beat me to it. Well said.

Yeah, you really unscrewed the pooch with that one, buddy.

So what if you're a hero. It's not like because if that you're suddenly going to sleep with her. Unless you're being nice, you still fail.

kimjoypop 0

Good thing your cockiness didn't prevail...if you removed the radiator cap before it cooled you would have burned your skin off from the steam it released!

You have to wait for the radiator to cool first and relieve pressure, right?