By edhalen - 23/04/2009 07:47 - United States

Today, I pulled over to help a girl with her car. I thought my limited mechanic skills would help look like a hero. She only needed her coolant cap unscrewed. With top down, shirt off, I was confident as I got out of my car. 10 minutes later I left because I couldn't unscrew the f***ing thing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 968
You deserved it 64 324

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You took your shirt off to help a girl with her car? Or was it already off? Why? Oh you were riding in your convertible. Still....why?

Comments

^ Correct, Hot Coolant=Nigh impossible to get that cap off, and good thing too, if you do manage to get it off, it'll burn the ever loving shit outta you. Gotta let it cool and then take it off, besides, unless you had 50/50 coolant or a bottle of distilled water, taking of the cap wouldn't have done shit.

As said above, the radiator cap sticks intentionally when hot for safety. Not only could you have burned yourself, but fast cooling of the radiator could crack it. It's better to walk away in shame than mess her car up worse than it was.

aggdan 0

you're the prime example of a douchebag

Advice from a mechanic's daughter: Push down, Turn. Lefty loosey, Righty tighty. BUT MAKE SURE YOU WAIT UNTIL THE CAR IS COOL or you'll get a geyser of hot anti-freeze in your face.

You fail at spitting game.....but you get an A for effort lmao.

Your mechanic skills must be super limited..........you get an A for effort but an F for being stupid. You could have burned yourself. YDI

WoW, your quite a mechanic. Push down and twist dude push down and twist.

Limited mechanical skill indeed. You couldn't get the cap off (even if you pushed down and twisted) because a great deal of pressure had accumulated in the radiator as the heat from the engine caused the coolant to expand. Had you succeeded in removing the cap, you could have had 200+ degree F coolant explode all over the place, hospitalizing, permanently disfiguring, and possibly poisoning the both of you.

Omg that is easy to pull of, can you fill your car with gas???