By Anonymous - 20/06/2011 04:03 - United States

Today, I had to go to a birthday party for 10 year old triplets. They've all been dead for more than 9 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 227
You deserved it 6 669

Same thing different taste

Top comments

my friends parents invite us all over for their daughters birthday to hang out and remember her, when she died 7 years ago, they do it every year.

Comments

Those who can so easily comment that the parents should have moved on have clearly never lost someone close to them

I have never lost a close relative but even I understand you can never fully get over it in that amount of time, I still grieve my pets, I felt closer to them than my real family D:

Heliol 8

You probably will change your mind about your pets being closer than family if you lose any of them, and although I hope you don't sometimes it takes losing something to fully appreciate what you had. Even if they've been mean or annoying I'm sure it will hurt more to lose your family.

tattooedcowboy 6

or dont have kids they love

If after 9 years they cant move on then theres a problem. losing a child is hard but 9 years is a little much

when you loose some one close to you, pain may fade but it NEVER fully goes away. no one is the same, and we all deal with grief differently!

You clearly have not lost a child! I lost my daughter when she was 10 and I guarantee you 10 years from now I still will grieve and I still will miss her and I still will not have gotten over it!

tucansam555 3

Today, I started reading FML to get a laugh and come across this one which is the first FML to make me cry. FML

I agree that it should be a private matter. This is why I'm going to assume you're family to them. Its not really fair of you to make this into an FML, those parents lost THREE children, not just one. Regardless of if they were 1 or 10 when they died, they were known and loved so much by their parents that this is the only comfort they have left until they can be together again.

Saddest FML ever. Not even sure it should be on here TBH

it's not disrespectful.. they went to the birthday didn't they!

Heliol 8

They only went because they felt forced, so it can be an fml for the OP. However, I will agree with some that it is a bit disrespectful to post about it on here. The parents of those babies are the ones with the real fml story.