By Anonymous - 20/06/2011 04:03 - United States

Today, I had to go to a birthday party for 10 year old triplets. They've all been dead for more than 9 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 227
You deserved it 6 669

Same thing different taste

Top comments

my friends parents invite us all over for their daughters birthday to hang out and remember her, when she died 7 years ago, they do it every year.

Comments

how does that work? they cant be celebrating a birthday that nver happened cus their dead! u have extremly retarded friends! go get some less depressing ones

SteelCladAngel 0

herpderp...your birthday happens the day you are BIRTHED ((that means the day you came from your mommys tummy)) you dumbfuck when you celebrate your birthday you are actually celebrating the anniversary of the day you were born....

lenabby 0

your r sooooooooooo freaking disrepecrful WTF! now u wouldn't be saying that if yo dumb butt was going thru that u low life no hearted jerk! ugh dumb people these days!

You know guys, maybe OP isn't disrespectful. It's very hard to be in an atmosphere where someone has passed and you are doing a remembrance program. Some people who go to funerals may not necessarily know the deceased well, but they're still upset. Maybe OP is upset or doesn't want to be in that depressing environment... Also, why a birthday party? Wouldn't it be like a memorial anniversary?

Maybe they didn't all die on the same day and it's 'easier' to celebrate a birthday than have three separate death days.

SmittyJA24 26

The "surviving parents" need grief counseling ... starting 9 years ago. OP gets the well-deserved "FML" for not having the balls to politely turn down the invitation to a sick event.

Thank you for not being an unreasonable dumbass.

my guess is it's not a birthday party, but a gathering to remember them every year on the day they were born. that makes it sound more logical, and people do this all the time when tragedies occur (like 9/11, the death of a well known person, natural disasters, etc..). just because the parents still think of the children they lost doesn't mean they are depressed day in and day out, i'm sure they are surviving ok and this is their day to remember.

So let me see if I understand this. You believe your life is ****** because you had to go to a memorial party, rather than the parents who lost not one, not two, but THREE children?? Do I have that about right? You think YOUR life is ******? **** you, you insensitive shit. I hope you never experience the pain of losing a child, but if you do, then maybe you'll understand.

brndnftwiiin 3

I don't see how this is an FML... Its not even close to being funny or hilariously tragic.

spicyasscakes 0

I hope you got them something nice

you shuldnt have posted this...i feel bad for the parents they didnt lose just 1 child they lost 3 think about that

Heliol 8

It would still hurt a parent for their entire life to lose any one child. My aunt had 1 child who died as a baby and it took her over 20 years to really accept it enough to be really happy, even though I'm sure she still thinks of him every day. She never had parties but she went to his grave very often.

yeah #204 If, god forbid, you lose a single child (let alone 3!) come back and let us know when you're over it yeah? I can't imagine a parent EVER gets over the loss of a child! Grow the hell up you disrespectful little brat!

Ya well, everyone obviously has different feelings on the situation. Since we didn't get the whole story, we should assume op is a little annoyed and pisses off that they are obligated to attend a birthday party. There are two kinds of people in this world, ones the except death, and ones that can't no matter the circumstances. I'm kinda with op because that's more of a private issue on the parents part. More people than you think except the deaths of their own children..

I agree that if it was an actual birthday party it's pretty creepy and if OP was actually forced to go that sucks. If I was one of those parents and I saw this I'd be devastated though. I'd be willing to bet it was some kind of memorial not a 'party' and that OP is a teen who is either rebelling or didn't want to give up their saturday.

lolol_BKYCHO 3