By handi-crap - 05/01/2010 17:28 - United States

Today, I had a promo code for a free Redbox movie. Since I knew exactly which movie I wanted, I parked in a handicapped space because it was super close and I was cold. I didn't think anyone would notice, but apparently the cop that parked beside my car did. My free movie cost me $100. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 007
You deserved it 78 755

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Of course it was super close. Handicapped people generally can't get around very well. F their lives if they had to park in a far away normal space because you can't handle twelve seconds of cold.

GIRAFFES 0

You deserved it. Nothing else to say, really.

Comments

op you suck!! my dad is handycap and it realy sucks when those spots are taken and you see healthy people get out of the car -.- you realy sucks

FYI: Your dad isn't a handicap. He's a handicapped person, or more preferably, a disabled person. (The most politically correct is "person with disability" but even I don't use that.) Also people who do not have any disabilities are called "able bodied". Disabled people can be healthy, too, we just don't have full use of some parts of our bodies. Anyways, just letting you know. I agree with your post, too.

boatkicker 4

ultravioletfoil: #83's father is whatever he says he is. Maybe he prefers the term handicap, and that's why the person said it. The whole point to being politically correct is to not offend people. If it's not offensive, it's fine. Besides most people prefer to use terms that they grew up with, instead of having to change the way they talk. That person probably either grew up being called a handicap (if it's something they were born with) or grew up calling people in similar situations handicaps. That's what they're used to, and therefore what they're comfortable with. It shouldn't offend you or anyone else if they CHOOSE to be called a handicap, and I highly doubt that 83 would use the term if his father disliked it.

I'm not offended, it's just that the grammar Nazi inside me is kicking. Nice way to jump to conclusions. Though I do agree with many of your points, your post is kind of moot.

boatkicker 4

There isn't anything grammatically wrong with calling someone a handicap.

It's like calling someone with, say, a mole a mole, or someone with a scar a scar. Obviously that's not correct, and neither is calling someone with a handicap a handicap.

First: It is now called Accessable Parking, there is just no need to change the sign because it is a picture Second: they are there for good reason Third: STUPIDITY is NOT a Handicap Fourth: they don't park in your stalls!!

r8j20cm3lv 5

what the hell movies dont cost 100 bucks parking in hanicapped spaces when not handicapped costs a hundred dollars. this makes me so angry when they twist the fml.

sarcrl 0

no no no - your movie was still free. you being inconsiderate and lazy cost you 100 dollars

I was about to comment, but I was going to say the exact same thing. So I thought I'd just give you kudos instead.

i applaud the cop who cracked down on people like you who are too lazy to walk and make others who have trouble walking (and often wish they could even if it meant walking farther) do what you as a capable person would not. I hope you remember this situation. In case you are wondering, i am a handicaped person.

nessalujin 0

ok, why? Handicapped means people that are. How would you feel if you could barely walk and some guy took the space?

SarahMarie83 0

To those saying handicapped spots are never full, I take it that you've never had to actually use one? I take my disabled grandma shopping about twice a month and often have to park in a regular spot because there are no handicapped available. At Walmart, the lazy assholes go so far as to park in the yellow zone between the spots. I'd like to have more cops like that in my area. As for OP, I sincerely hope that you soon need that space that your so eager to park in.

boatkicker 4

I've had to use handicapped spots before, with one of my neighbors, and with my fiances grandmother. I've still never seen them full, except maybe once at the mall right before Christmas a few years ago, but I wasn't looking for one that day and that was a long time ago anyways, so I might be wrong. At least half of handicapped spots are unoccupied wherever I go on a normal day, and even on an exceptionally busy day like a Saturday, or before a holiday, there are always 3 or 4 open ones.

Spunkycowgirl25 0

And it's dumb***es like you that deserve everything you get. I happen to live in Colorado and it hasn't been that cold - It's January; It's Stock Show weather (Coloradans will know what that means); It's the same EVERY year. My grandfather was paralyzed from the waist down in WWII and was confined to a wheel chair for the rest of his life. He had a handicapped placard in his van because he needed the extra space to enter/exit and it was less distance for him to get to the doors. I am so glad that some dip**it like you think you deserve that spot so much more. I hope you get run down by a car and are confined to a wheelchair for the rest of your life. You deserve so much more than a $100 ticket. Stupid little girls like you make me sick! I hope in your case that karmic justice is a reality.

If you think it's worth risking $100 to save yourself from walking twenty feet, that's your call. Just don't be surprised when you lose.

You're a bitch. Love the username though!