By handi-crap - 05/01/2010 17:28 - United States

Today, I had a promo code for a free Redbox movie. Since I knew exactly which movie I wanted, I parked in a handicapped space because it was super close and I was cold. I didn't think anyone would notice, but apparently the cop that parked beside my car did. My free movie cost me $100. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 007
You deserved it 78 755

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Of course it was super close. Handicapped people generally can't get around very well. F their lives if they had to park in a far away normal space because you can't handle twelve seconds of cold.

GIRAFFES 0

You deserved it. Nothing else to say, really.

Comments

Too bad those spots are only for the PHYSICALLY handicapped... else, you would not have had a problem.

Tomorrow, go take a dump in the handicap stall. That will show 'em they can't mess with you.

FalsePretense 0

YDI for thinking you're more important than other people.

For some reason, the first like, four times a read this I thought it said 'porno' not 'promo'. This makes muu-huuuch more sense.

schwinn11 0

Didn't we just have this one about a week ago?

palmtrees 1

I love when the cops are in the right place at the right time to ticket people like you. Did you really think people wouldn't say YDI?

Today, my chronic pain disease was affecting me a little less, so I went to the shopping center. I can drive, but not walk long distances. So I drive around to where the service for hiring wheelchairs is so I can have a day out with my husband - and the small amount of handicapped parking spots that are available compared to normal parks are about 1/200 - and two were used by cars with permits, the other three weren't. So I got to go home and watch tv, instead of shopping, because of idiots like you. Think before you act - you're lucky you only got $100 fine. You people parking in handicapped zones cost people like myself hours of pain, or misery, because we either have to walk a mile to the door, or just go home. Hope you enjoyed your freaking movie.

I know how you feel, I also have chronic pain and this has happened to me I hate it so much. I don't understand people like this. I've had a handicap pass since I was six years old and this has been an ongoing problem for me.

SaltyLurker 10

Thing is, even looking at the comments it's clear what's going on. If you've never been in the situation yourself, you never might know just HOW inconvenient that is for handicapped people / elderly.

lol my grandma has a walker so she has a handicaped permit and we keep it in our car and just put it up if there's no parking. ;D

You would think someone with a handicapped hranother would have more respect. Just an FYI, In many places the laws about handicapped permits are written to only apply if a handicapped person is in the vehicle, or even only if the handicapped is driving. If a cop, parking enforcement or a tow truck driver see only non-handicapped people get out of the car they can give you a ticket or have you towed.

One of my coworkers does that because her husband is handicapped. He doesn't work because he is on leave due to a work related injury so she uses the permit so she can park in the spot and walk a shorter distance to the building. This morning she slipped and fell on ice right in front of me and I couldn't help but laugh a little. I didn't help her up either because I think she deserved it. Karma's a bitch. OP deserves far worse than just a ticket. MotherRussia, I hope you fall on your face.

If I was your grandmother, I'd be furious with you and cut you out of my will. Think of what people like you and your other able-bodied family members do to the validity of the handicapped placard; how does that, in turn, affect disabled people (like your grandmother) adversely? It's a shame, I'd think someone with a disabled family member would be more sensitive. Maybe you're just not intelligent enough :/

ronaldo_weasley 0

youre ******* stupid. why would you park in a handicapped spot if youre not handicapped? next time suck up the cold and walk and extra 50 yards.