By handi-crap - 05/01/2010 17:28 - United States

Today, I had a promo code for a free Redbox movie. Since I knew exactly which movie I wanted, I parked in a handicapped space because it was super close and I was cold. I didn't think anyone would notice, but apparently the cop that parked beside my car did. My free movie cost me $100. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 007
You deserved it 78 757

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Of course it was super close. Handicapped people generally can't get around very well. F their lives if they had to park in a far away normal space because you can't handle twelve seconds of cold.

GIRAFFES 0

You deserved it. Nothing else to say, really.

Comments

jesuschristpose 0

I dont blame ya, i would rather park upfront. Im handicapped by other peoples problems.

sassyfrass 0

To everyone who says that the handicap spots are never full or need to be used, I have a question. Are you sitting in the parking lot watching for when those spots are being used 24/7? Are you monitoring handicap spot usage? I doubt it. You just notice when you're looking for a spot yourself, and therefore your observations aren't valid. So sit down and shut up.

Actually, I've lived in front of a Walmart store, and not being able to get outside and getting bored, I did watch the parking lot a bunch of hours. And most of the time (except some paydays), disabled parking spots were.. empty.

boatkicker 4

I do not just notice when I'm looking for a spot for myself. I notice when I'm walking across the parking lot. Or when I'm driving past one and looking out the window. Or walking past a parking lot on foot. Or when I'm waiting inside the building and waiting for something and looking out the window. Or when I'm waiting for a ride from someone else and have nothing to do but stare at the parking lot. Or when I'm waiting for someone else in my car to get out. Obviously I'm not watching every parking lot in the world at every moment of every day, but I do actually pay attention to those things when I am around places because I have handicapped friends and family. I have never seen a lot that had no open handicapped places.

atomicmrpelly 2

#2: "You deserved it. Nothing else to say, really." I think there's one more thing to say actually: What a dick.

Handicapped parking spots are for the physically handicapped, not the mentally handicapped like the OP. It makes no difference if the spots sit empty all day because by law they are meant to be used by the handicapped when they need them. It doesn't matter if you're only going to be a few minutes or not, if you are able bodied and do not have any legally recognized handicapped symbol on your vehicle you are still breaking the law. The ticket is fully deserved.

deaditegirl 0

Oh no, you got in trouble for breaking the law. Boo ******* hoo. YDI. Get over yourself.

you have some nerve! Of course you got a ticket! The handicapped space is for, duh, people who are actually handicapped, not for lazy wanktards like yourself. Maybe you should apply for one of those handicapped stickers since you have the mental capabilties of a Neanderthal!

No, that would be insulting to the physically disabled. I wholeheartedly agree with the rest of your post though.

Why would you ever park in a handicap spot when you are not handicapped? Laziness & selfishness are character flaws not handicaps. Karma's goin' to get you.

Igor_g5 0

I am handicapped. it pisses me off when I'm inconvenienced by some stupid lazy **** who's only going to be a little while or is sitting there waiting for someone to come out of the store. Fine should be higher.

YDI for being an idiot. They shoulda charged you more.