By abcdefghijkl1233 - 29/10/2013 13:23 - United Kingdom - Oldham

Today, I had a job interview that I was quite nervous about. During the interview, I struggled to get my words out and the interviewer angrily told me to, "Get on with it." I continued to struggle and was later kicked out for wasting their time. I have a stutter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 870
You deserved it 4 114

abcdefghijkl1233 tells us more.

Thank you for those of you who left kind comments, those of you who left comments of the other kind probably don't understand. I didn't fully expect my stutter to get in the way of the interview so much, but combined with my nervousness it gradually got worse throughout. After the way I was treated I realised it wasn't a place I would want to be at so I left without a fight. Also I'd like to thank you for the help methods some of you said, I've been trying to improve it and I'm definitely going to try them, thanks again :) In the future I will inform them beforehand! #8 Aha, good ol' game of Pictionary, never fails to start arguments!

Top comments

Aww, I know how that feels. Next time, inform them that you have a stutter. It's what I do, and most people are understanding.

That interviewer is a jerk! You were not wasting their time and they should have more patience, especially if they are in HR.

Comments

zsahand 1

Sue for discrimination in the workplace

sugarbaby9908 20

I do too...**** them! If they can't take the time to listen to you, you don't need them

Awww you poor thing. I stutter too. Next time just take a breath and try to talk slowly.

BluEyedLightning 7

I wouldn't want to work there if that interviewer acted that way.

Yo.. yu y.. you ..you deserved it! lol

I can kinda relate, I have Tourette's and a stutter so it makes communication hard and people think I'm just incompetent a lot. I wish you the best of luck and you totally deserve better!!

If you can prove this, they just refused to hire you over a legitimate handicap and that's not exactly legal.

JudgeComrade 17

It's not their fault you have a stuttering problem. They just want capable employees.

I grew up with a stutter, too. And boy, can I relate to this one :( It affects everything in your social life...

Keep your head up OP, you will find something that is better!