By abcdefghijkl1233 - 29/10/2013 13:23 - United Kingdom - Oldham

Today, I had a job interview that I was quite nervous about. During the interview, I struggled to get my words out and the interviewer angrily told me to, "Get on with it." I continued to struggle and was later kicked out for wasting their time. I have a stutter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 870
You deserved it 4 114

abcdefghijkl1233 tells us more.

Thank you for those of you who left kind comments, those of you who left comments of the other kind probably don't understand. I didn't fully expect my stutter to get in the way of the interview so much, but combined with my nervousness it gradually got worse throughout. After the way I was treated I realised it wasn't a place I would want to be at so I left without a fight. Also I'd like to thank you for the help methods some of you said, I've been trying to improve it and I'm definitely going to try them, thanks again :) In the future I will inform them beforehand! #8 Aha, good ol' game of Pictionary, never fails to start arguments!

Top comments

Aww, I know how that feels. Next time, inform them that you have a stutter. It's what I do, and most people are understanding.

That interviewer is a jerk! You were not wasting their time and they should have more patience, especially if they are in HR.

Comments

they are no good for u.. good u left them :)

Now, that's just rude of him.. but, never let that hold you back. :)))

This was on the last episode of the programme 'Educating Yorkshire' - it was incredible! 16 year old with such a bad stammer he could barely speak in class, put headphones on and listening to music was able to read a poem aloud with only a few pauses. Amazing to watch. Incredible teachers on that programme.

hisgirl1052012 1

Totally relate, just always be sure to tell them ahead of time, it's a speech impediment not like we can just turn it off, just remember to breathe and think about what you want to say before you say it

you don't wanna work for them noways if they're going to act like that

XxxT3rr4xxX 25

Did you tell the hiring manger that you had a studder or had difficulty speaking. If you did fyl . Plus the hiring manager is a dick

There is the obligation that employers accommodate for disabilities. However, it is usually the responsibility of the person with the disability to inform the employer. In the U.S., an employer can face serious legal problems if they ask you about health or medical issues. If you don't inform, its safer then for the employer to send you on your way.

That really sucks but you don't want to work for a jerk like that anyway! Everything happens for a reason - you'll find a better job with more considerate people.